Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Cant see Kate being bent, they already did cotton as the caddy, theres been absolutely nothing evidence wise about kate being bent, if she was, then ryan and jo wouldnt have tried to take her out, 
I think she's just very untrustworthy given her years undercover, 

That’s how I look at it, she’s played that many people no one knows who the real Kate is anymore.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Is there a chance Gail Vella was working on something to do with Arnott’s counterterrorism operation from the first episode?

Arnott's previous job and that incident is constantly referenced so I bet it comes up some how. 

Arnott's previous job and that incident is constantly referenced so I bet it comes up some how. 

I thought that the moment they first showed the clip of Osborne outside the court/headquarters but, unless I’ve forgotten, the camera never seems to focus on Arnott at these points, leading me to think it might not come up.

The way this programme gets you (over)thinking the smallest of details is incredible[emoji23]

36 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I’m wondering if Steve and Ted will go rogue in this last episode to try and catch H. Ted’s running out of time with his retirement date closing in and there’s a reason Steve keeps missing his drug test meeting which we know will be his subsequent suspension.

He doesn't miss drugs tests, its occupational health visits he misses, because he knows they'd sign him off unfit for work

58 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I’m wondering if Steve and Ted will go rogue in this last episode to try and catch H. Ted’s running out of time with his retirement date closing in and there’s a reason Steve keeps missing his drug test meeting which we know will be his subsequent suspension.

While 54 and counting is right, I think you've got the right idea here, and it's a big part of why I think we're done for twists. I think it'll be them zoning in on their target on their own.

Is there a chance Gail Vella was working on something to do with Arnott’s counterterrorism operation from the first episode?

Been thinking this too, and also that Carmichael has been so telegraphed as being at the very least disruptive, but it could well be a double bluff knowing this gang.

On 27/04/2021 at 13:26, 54_and_counting said:

Cant see Kate being bent, they already did cotton as the caddy, theres been absolutely nothing evidence wise about kate being bent, if she was, then ryan and jo wouldnt have tried to take her out, 

I think she's just very untrustworthy given her years undercover, 

see its one of those where im maybe just overthinking it or trying to be too meta - but itd be pretty darn dramatic if it ends up that kate got turned by the ocg/higher ups in the force in exchange for servitude at some point in one of the seasons, maybe even replacing dot. Can well enough imagine a steve arnott tear stained I TRUSTED U M8 HOW COULD U DO THIS AFTER ALL WEVE BIN FRU ;_; scene in the finale...

Been thinking this too, and also that Carmichael has been so telegraphed as being at the very least disruptive, but it could well be a double bluff knowing this gang.
I said already Hastings v Carmichael would be scenes but I tend to think she is up for finding H, would be too predictable as H, and is just playing the political, "lets make sure we do it properly no mistakes" approach.

I think the best outside bet is Fleming. I will be a bit disappointed if its Osbourne.

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I said already Hastings v Carmichael would be scenes but I tend to think she is up for finding H, would be too predictable as H, and is just playing the political, "lets make sure we do it properly no mistakes" approach.

I think the best outside bet is Fleming. I will be a bit disappointed if its Osbourne.

I think osbourne will be bent, but he wont be the top guy, they'll think it is and get him, then we'll find the last scene will be him murdered in his cell, and its left ambiguous as to wether someone in charge of the gang set him up, or one of the bent coppers did it as revenge (chloe if shes gates daughter indeed) 

I think osbourne will be bent, but he wont be the top guy, they'll think it is and get him, then we'll find the last scene will be him murdered in his cell, and its left ambiguous as to wether someone in charge of the gang set him up, or one of the bent coppers did it as revenge (chloe if shes gates daughter indeed) 
Like you I think they still won't get the top dog.

57 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

That's an interesting one. Chloe not reaching the van door, leaving Arnott exposed to the gunman, could have been set up. She did hint at a leak coming from AC-12 as well. 

It's another to add to the list of things to be discovered in the last episode though. Maybe it's one of these things they leave open for a potential new series?

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Like you I think they still won't get the top dog.

It has been a fantastic series, but im ready for there not to be any more

I want it to continue with just one case per series instead of an overarching one.

I want it to continue with just one case per series instead of an overarching one.

Yeah they kinda need to break the cycle now I’d say.

Finish the H arc off and come back 2-3 years down the line with a new corruption investigation.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Yeah they kinda need to break the cycle now I’d say.

Finish the H arc off and come back 2-3 years down the line with a new corruption investigation.

If they finish the H storyline off then what could they come back to, if its corrupt officers again then it will just feel samey