Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thought that was pish tbh, didn't move the story along that much at all and leaves allot of legwork for the final episode. 

The start bugged me, it just didn't make any sense at all. 

1. Why did Kate run? Fair enough she'd shot someone but the person she shot was known to be bad, his prints would've been all over his gun etc. And the reason Kate had a gun, was to protect her from this very same scenario? 

2. Why was Kate so unwilling to give up her firearm, giving it the "we've been framed" upto that point she'd done nothing wrong but ditching her car and running, then refusing to give up her firearm made her look shifty as f**k. 

3. Why lie about who shot Ryan? Just adds unnecessary layers and lies. 

Impossible to understand Kate's motivations for helping Jo. She set her up to be killed and then suddenly getting in car chases for her?

Also wasn't Steve completely against Davidson before this episode? So why is he giving her "I'm on your side" shit.

I enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Thought that was pish tbh, didn't move the story along that much at all and leaves allot of legwork for the final episode. 

The start bugged me, it just didn't make any sense at all. 

1. Why did Kate run? Fair enough she'd shot someone but the person she shot was known to be bad, his prints would've been all over his gun etc. And the reason Kate had a gun, was to protect her from this very same scenario? 

2. Why was Kate so unwilling to give up her firearm, giving it the "we've been framed" upto that point she'd done nothing wrong but ditching her car and running, then refusing to give up her firearm made her look shifty as f**k. 

3. Why lie about who shot Ryan? Just adds unnecessary layers and lies. 

Seems like they could be planning something

40 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

She had just shot someone. Nobody knows Ryan is 'bad', hence why he hasn't been charged and is still a serving Police officer. 

She ran to gain Davidson trust and get her to turn. Just arresting her would get her putting up the shutters. 

They all know Ryan is bad!

I thought this was the final one for some reason. Clearly not of they have a helluva lot to put in next week.

A pretty meh episode overall tonight. Thought Kelly McDonald looked better with less makeup on in the interview room.

On 28/04/2019 at 22:39, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I thought it was more at the charge that was being levelled against him, and the severity of his situation, but maybe I got the scene wrong.

edit:

there's little moments in the show that throw me right off balance. The wee scene with Kate going back to her partners late at night and him being pissed off - what's she up to...

Spoiler

jo taking the fall for kate with the prints and kate just rolling with it seems really, really off...

An old quote from me but yeah, i reckon kate is a dodgy copper after that last episode.

What was the deal with the prison guards btw? It was the same bitch that works for the OCG but I couldn't figure out the scene at all. Surely they could control the camera so why didn't it go off?

I feel a bit 'offended' if it was done for the purpose of the viewer. We've watched the show enough to know she'll be getting a hiding or two and I don't think Jo is naive to what she is facing inside. Just felt like complete filler for me.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

She had just shot someone. Nobody knows Ryan is 'bad', hence why he hasn't been charged and is still a serving Police officer. 

She ran to gain Davidson trust and get her to turn. Just arresting her would get her putting up the shutters. 

They all knew Ryan was bad matey! They'd talked about charging him but hadn't pulled him in because they hoped he'd lead them to the OCG, the reason that Kate had the gun was to protect her from Ryan. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

What was the deal with the prison guards btw? It was the same bitch that works for the OCG but I couldn't figure out the scene at all. Surely they could control the camera so why didn't it go off?

I feel a bit 'offended' if it was done for the purpose of the viewer. We've watched the show enough to know she'll be getting a hiding or two and I don't think Jo is naive to what she is facing inside. Just felt like complete filler for me.

I assumed that where Jo was being kept was meant to be a secret and, although the dirty/OCG guards don't work in that section and knew they couldn't get in, they were just there to confirm where she was being kept so they could tell someone above them.

Either that or Jo knows who they are and they were just there to show face as a threat to her.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

6 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Carmichael and/or Osborne being H just seems pretty obvious now and something I can’t see happening. I genuinely don’t know the direction this is going in! 

If there is to be another season, Osborne has to be caught/killed.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

They all knew Ryan was bad matey! They'd talked about charging him but hadn't pulled him in because they hoped he'd lead them to the OCG. 

Yes, a few of AC-12 knew. If "everyone" knew he was bad, he wouldn't still be a serving Police officer. 

McDonald was great in those interview scenes, but otherwise not a very good episode. Steve deleting an email can only remain tense for so long. Raging we didn't see Ryan in a tremendous amount of pain and the car chase was all a bit weird. Thurwell is deid, there was a body that'll be ID'd so not sure how he could get away with pretending to be in the Guardia Civil.

A lot to wrap up in the last episode of they are planning to finish it there. The Carmichael/Fleming semi-bonding "I'm not gullible, but I am pragmatic" was interesting, setting it up for a post-Hastings world? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes, a few of AC-12 knew. If "everyone" knew he was bad, he wouldn't still be a serving Police officer. 

Given he was under surveillance I'm pretty sure most ac-12 officers would have been aware. Plus it was AC-12 officers who were en route to the scene, including her boss who could immediately confirm why she had leave to carry a concealed firearm. Ryan also had a firearm and had shot it, it's an open and shut self defence shooting. If she just said what happened she'd never spend a night in a cell 

21 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ryan also had a firearm and had shot it, it's an open and shut self defence shooting. If she just said what happened she'd never spend a night in a cell 

Ryan never shot at Kate and, unless the body was moved, his cartridge would have been found in completely the opposite direction to where he has taken two bullets from. 

Jo is cracking and opening up slowly. They've got her feeling (whether true or not) that they know she's been put into this and is afraid. If they just told the truth and stayed at the scene there's no way she would talk, she's starting to believe there might be a way out of this. The whole "we are being framed" line showed that. Make her feel like she's now being made expendable. I reckon she is about to kill one of the prison guards. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Carmichael and/or Osborne being H just seems pretty obvious now and something I can’t see happening. I genuinely don’t know the direction this is going in! 
I think it's too obvious to be Carmichael too - she may not even be involved in the OCG - just one of those types that will follow orders to get up the greasy poll.