Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

It was a great episode but the one thing that bothered me was if the OCG had decided to kill Kate she'd have been dead the moment she stepped out the car. I know that's standard TV/film protection of a main character but you wouldn't wait for a conversation before killing her.

When they killed Corbett they didn't have a conversation with him about being a rat, or Lakewell either for that matter. Someone just steps up behind them and does the job.

Most likely they'd have had someone shoot her from a distance or, if there wasn't time for that because the location was chosen late on, Ryan shoots her as soon as he's out the car.

In fact, I doubt Ryan would even have been the one to shoot her. He might have told Jo what to do, but they'd have given the job of killing Kate to another standard criminal in the OCG. Now that Ryan is in the police they wouldn't risk his position by making him be the one to pull the trigger. Just as in the past, Dot killing someone would only be a last resort because his position was more useful to them.

I don't understand the Kate's still undercover line some people are still going at. It goes against every conversation she's had with Hastings all series. She's also fed Jo more information than she was supposed to several times already. Even if she was working undercover without Ted's knowledge, that doesn't fit with her telling Steve he should get out of anti-corruption as it twists how you see most coppers, who are really just trying to do an honest job.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I watched Graeme Norton about 2 months ago when Jimmy Nesbitt was promoting Bloodlands. He was giving it "Jed Mercurio hired every actor in Northern Ireland for Line of Duty except me. Still, at least we got to work together on Bloodlands"

Long game being played by Nesbitt and Mecurio. 

Also a bit suspect of Kate TBH. She knew something was off right from the start of her interaction with Jo last night. It's just not a very 'Kate' thing to do, to go to a dodgy area like that unquestioningly if she genuinely fears she's possibly going to her death.

I reckon her and Jo actually have set Ryan up to get rid of him. Two bullets were her and Jo double tapping the wee c**t.

Edited by djchapsticks

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That would have been incredibly good acting from Jo then when she apologised to Kate for leading her to her death.

True. Like every other thread of thinking so far, there's a definite 'but' there. I certainly don't think Kate was totally clued out to what was going on though, although you could see her being instinctively suspicious, I just get the feeling there's more to it than that.

Too many things about the scene felt 'off' to believe she actually thought she would either be meeting with Jo in a car park to discuss the personal issues or she was going to get ambushed by OCG and brought down in a hail of bullets. I think she was clued in that neither of those things were going to happen.

Also a bit suspect of Kate TBH. She knew something was off right from the start of her interaction with Jo last night. It's just not a very 'Kate' thing to do, to go to a dodgy area like that unquestioningly if she genuinely fears she's possibly going to her death.
I reckon her and Jo actually have set Ryan up to get rid of him. Two bullets were her and Jo double tapping the wee c**t.
When she went there, she thought the surveillance was still in place. She only found out it had been pulled after she arrived at the rendezvous. That was the point she knew she was on her own. A bit late for clever manoeuvring.

15 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

When she went there, she thought the surveillance was still in place. She only found out it had been pulled after she arrived at the rendezvous. That was the point she knew she was on her own. A bit late for clever manoeuvring.

Not at that place she didn't. She text and asked Steve if there was any knowledge of prior links to OCG or surveillance at the site.

She'd have recognised it as a site being watched right away when Jo text her the address given she'd passed information of the addresses being watched to Jo earlier.

Or do you mean she thought there was still surveillance on her personally?

Not at that place she didn't. She text and asked Steve if there was any knowledge of prior links to OCG or surveillance at the site.
She'd have recognised it as a site being watched right away when Jo text her the address given she'd passed information of the addresses being watched to Jo earlier.
Or do you mean she thought there was still surveillance on her personally?
On Ryan and Jo.
^^^ what he said.