Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Not a chance is Ted bent. If he was, knowing the walls were closing in, he'd have took that retirement offer with open arms and would self-propelled himself to South America by now. 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

The spelling of Deinately and the fact he told Lee Banks in prison that there was a rat in the group which then led to an undercover police officer being killed (Corbett). There was the laptop he got rid of in the previous series too which was never properly cleared up.

I don’t think he is bent but can certainly see why people would suggest it.

I'm not thinking he's bent at this point but that's solely from me trying to be genre savvy; his baby (AC-12) looks like it's coming to an end soon and Carmichael is back, so there's tragedy a' loomin' for him. :( 

edit: Compston's arc is 100% going to be him shacking up with Corbett's missus after transferring out of anti-corruption. They could try to go all M Night Shyamalan on everyone but that's where it's leading to. He's safe for the rest of the show imo.

39 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Nah he’s definitely at it. Given his living circumstances can’t get much worse he’s literally mocking Arnott. I took that whole scene as:

“I’m gonna play dumb, tell you f**k all pish my pants and get taken back to my cell”.

Again this I can agree with, feels like there will be a post credits scene showing him to be a lot more lucid than he's letting on, probably in the finale.

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

I found the whole introduction of the racial murder case a bit fast moving at times, seemed like every couple of minutes there was some new link/detail being added to it when it had only just been explained. Either way the very obvious nods to real life cases are quite interesting.

Yep, feels a little tacked on or written in based on real life recent events. I mean I'm fine with that and going down the road of police cover ups/corruption in racially motivated crimes fits well for the show, it's just that it even feels like it's hastily been added onto the script in a rewrite somewhere which is a little jarring.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Tommy Hunter is Jo's Uncle and Father. [emoji44]
EzSa3dPVgAMB9Rf?format=jpg%26name=large&key=9476d6b285b7ac9afbe9d2a342ebb7c2d4b88b6c4ef4cd94ee06eb5776a5ecaa
So wait, I'm quite shite with genaeology. 
How would that work? Has he shagged his own sister (Jo's maw) or something? 
Yes. Jo's parents are siblings. Tommy is approx 14 years older than Jo, too.
Jesus, so that's clearly why she's pissed off at the woman in the photo. 
 Fucking inbred weegies. 
Nah, Fifers mate. The 'Uncle/Father' thing was the giveaway.

oh, one thing that nags at me a bit; given they've leaned heavily on Saville there's a noticeable gap in political characters/figures on the show... could be that it's just a writing choice to keep things simple and keep us interested in one thing and one thing only, fella, but that's got to come into it at some point surely? unless they just hand wave it away and stick to the police, at least for this season.

Ludicrous prediction for the final episode:

AC-12 finally discover who H was... but finds out that the OCG even has damning evidence against several senior, well known political figures, and that their reach extends even into Westminster.

"Gaffer, you need... you need to take a look at this"... gasps Kate. She hands a photograph to Hastings.

Hastings peers down. "Mother of God..." he whispers. Steve, too, leans over his shoulder and his eyes bulge when he takes in the picture.

The camera slowly pans to reveal an old, slightly grainy picture but it's unmistakeably of a dark haired figure in a suit from behind, kneeling - and performing fellatio on a dead pig...

(might be going a bit far tbf but hey if you're gonna touch on real life in your show then have some fun with it at least)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yep, feels a little tacked on or written in based on real life recent events. I mean I'm fine with that and going down the road of police cover ups/corruption in racially motivated crimes fits well for the show, it's just that it even feels like it's hastily been added onto the script in a rewrite somewhere which is a little jarring.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jed-mercurio-paul-greengrass-stephen-lawrence-1234704561/

Jed Mercurio is executive producer on a three-part sequel to “The Murder of Stephen Lawrence,” so I imagine that will have something to do with the creation of this Lawrence Christopher character.

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed...

On the other hand if you were trying to preserve the big tragic twist you might film an extra take where something else happens and put that out. 

9 hours ago, stanton said:

Steve arrived just in time with the cavalry , and him and Kate both shot Ryan 

Better not be that, kate literally sent him the message as jo drove in, for steve to get message, leave the building, go get a gun (he isnt licenced to carry one concealed) and go with the AFO's to said destination, get out and see the situation and shoot ryan, 

Thats far too out there, for me the two shots were kates, a double tap by a firearms trained officer, jo will have flinched, ryan glances to the side, Kate drops him but he'll be alive

I might be mistaken when i heard this, but did corbetts wife not say on voicemail to steve that they hadnt spoken in weeks? If so does that not screw with the continuity of the series

Ted was told he had a month to retire, steve doesn't speak to steph for weeks, carmicheal goes in seemingly with ted having still a bit of time left

Also if it was weeks, how bloody long does it take a report on a banknote to be conducted, and again weeks, yet nothing about steves drug test (which he should be failing surely) 

And from when the bookie robber blabbed about being taken to the workshop, if its weeks then ryan is a shit police plant given he didnt warn them that their industrial estate workshop is being hunted for until the last seconds