Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

On 04/04/2021 at 22:58, Busta Nut said:

Aye someone explain this to me. I have either forgotten or missed something.

What was the beef with Hastings and Kate?

Dont think there was one until kate told davidson about the upcoming search of their teams stuff earlier this season, mind hastings kinda chinned arnott about him telling kate

22 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I have been wondering about this too. 

Pain killer addiction is not a good thing obviously but he's buying them in chemists. Surely he can't be doing anything wrong here that would flag on a routine drug test?

Tbh if its stuffed full of opiates etc, then he might not be getting them in a legal manner, especially if he's trying to hide his condition 

Think he was talking about the end of the last series, can't remember Ted and Kate falling out!

Dont think there was one until kate told davidson about the upcoming search of their teams stuff earlier this season, mind hastings kinda chinned arnott about him telling kate

3 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Think he was talking about the end of the last series, can't remember Ted and Kate falling out!

Thats what i mean, i dont think they did fall out until kate told davidson about the upcoming ac-12 search this series and it hampered their investigation, 

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There was defo a beef from the off on this series. 

Maybe just pettiness cos she left?

Aye. It was quite early on that Hasting said "she made her bed" with a definite air of bitterness about it.

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think we’ll find out that Kate didn’t tell Hastings she was leaving AC-12 until she’d secured another job.

Same as Arnott was trying

I feel a bit like I'm watching season 4 again. Davidson is running parallel to DCI Huntley with some extra crazy cooked in and dirt on her from the mystery 4th official.

26 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I thought he said that after she grassed them in

Nope. It was definitely before that. I remember wondering about what had happened after he said it, which wouldn't have entered my mind if it came after.

In episode 1 Steve refers to AC-12 having been tainted after Ted was investigated.

Ted probably feels that afterwards Kate only cared about her own career given she moved on so wasn’t loyal to him or the team and maybe even part of him thinks that she maybe even thought he was guilty.

40 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

In episode 1 Steve refers to AC-12 having been tainted after Ted was investigated.

Ted probably feels that afterwards Kate only cared about her own career given she moved on so wasn’t loyal to him or the team and maybe even part of him thinks that she maybe even thought he was guilty.

That's what I thought. There was a conversation that I took to mean she hadn't been entirely convinced of Ted's innocence and decided to move on.

Arnott to be suspended nearer the end for failing a random drug screening is a stick on.

Called it.

dunno if they can hammer him for the dosage but I think none of what he's shown to have been taking is actually illegal or illicit, just large doses of prescription drugs?

I have been wondering about this too. 
Pain killer addiction is not a good thing obviously but he's buying them in chemists. Surely he can't be doing anything wrong here that would flag on a routine drug test?

If anything high amounts of the chemicals will show in his bloodstream, which then confirms his back problems have never healed which ends his roles as a frontline detective. He says it to Corbetts wife that all he has is his career.

I’ve a feeling this is the final season and they’re setting it up for Steve quitting the force.

Tbh if its stuffed full of opiates etc, then he might not be getting them in a legal manner, especially if he's trying to hide his condition 

To go all boring, he's obviously taking something on the list of prohibited Police substances. It doesn't necessarily have to be an illegal substance. I'm not allowed to take over the counter co-codamol in my job and any meds I take I need to run by my manager for approval. I expect he'll be heading for a suspension here if not worse which is why he's clearly shitting himself.

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's what I thought. There was a conversation that I took to mean she hadn't been entirely convinced of Ted's innocence and decided to move on.

I dunno, she maybe moved on cause there was boredom, mind steve said he was bored essentially cause there was nothing to do, hence why he was looking for a get out

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Been rewatching the earlier series the last week or so, Jodie Taylor can get in the bin. 

Honestly gutted she didn't get done in by the OCG.

Also I'd forgotten how much of a c**t Roz was.

Edited by Mr. Brightside