Charity nonsense

Growl3th

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed this yesterday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11435754/32-charity-bosses-paid-over-200000-last-year.html?fb_ref=Default

32, yes thirty fuckin two, paid more than 200 grand.

Unbelievable.

Think carefully before you give a penny to any of them.

+this in no way reflects the posters views on the op or its worthiness +

Wouldn't have mentioned it if the charity fund raiser wasn't over, but the CEO of Maggies, Laura Lee, was paid between £120,000 and £130,000 in 2012, plus £16,459 into her pension fund. To me that's a huge salary considering the number of people who do charity work for nothing or minimum wage, but I suppose that's roughly what a GP gets, and she seems to be doing a good job and helping a lot of people.

https://www.maggiescentres.org/media/uploads/publications/annual-reports-and-financial-statements/accounts12.pdf

I tell you what grinds my gears. c***s doing shit for "charity".

You want to do a parachute jump, climb Kiliminjaro, walk the Great Wall of China or go into space. Pay for it yourself.

Marathons, half-marathons, Ironmans etc... I tolerate them cos at least there's some effort involved and it's not just having a day of fun at some other c**t's expense.

A couple of years ago, some well-meaning p***k tried to get me to fund his daughters trip to Macchu Picchu. I'm usually quite mild-mannered, but I couldn't disguise my disgust.

Does anyone want to sponsor me to go to the pub?

^^^This, and being expected to work for free for charity shows when I worked in theatre. You got one day off a week and they expected you to work for free on a Sunday. They still paid for everything else like electricity etc, but because some jaded celeb was doing it for free to resurrect their career you were expected to do the same. I just said sure, but you realise it will be double time? GTF.

I'd like someone to come up with the idea of , for example, cleaning up our streets for charity, rather than parachute jumping or the like. I'd be wildly enthusiastic about putting my hand in my pocket for something worthwhile that helped the community.

You want to do a parachute jump, climb Kiliminjaro, walk the Great Wall of China or go into space. Pay for it yourself.

Marathons, half-marathons, Ironmans etc... I tolerate them cos at least there's some effort involved and it's not just having a day of fun at some other c**t's expense.

A couple of years ago, some well-meaning p***k tried to get me to fund his daughters trip to Macchu Picchu. I'm usually quite mild-mannered, but I couldn't disguise my disgust.

I would buy you a pint if it calmed you down a bit.

I give plenty to charity, the government calls it 'tax' though.

Aye but you get it all back. Psychiatric evaluations and treatment isn't cheap you know.

? It's a back way of raising NI.

1% rising to 4% of earnings in the next couple of years, allowing them to slow old age pension growth.

Plus it's the auto enrollment aspect that did my titties in.

So long as you youngsters will be firming up my pension when it comes, I'm cool.

Auto enrollment..... Yes, opt out.

After they have taken payments, set a fund up in your name and paid a big whack to lowlifes. Ie financial consultants.

Btw, initially it is 1% by you, topped up by the work.

And don't be so lethargic on this, if it was an issue for NI to be raised by 4% there would be riots.

You're not alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27485754

Wouldn't have mentioned it if the charity fund raiser wasn't over, but the CEO of Maggies, Laura Lee, was paid between £120,000 and £130,000 in 2012, plus £16,459 into her pension fund. To me that's a huge salary considering the number of people who do charity work for nothing or minimum wage, but I suppose that's roughly what a GP gets, and she seems to be doing a good job and helping a lot of people.

https://www.maggiescentres.org/media/uploads/publications/annual-reports-and-financial-statements/accounts12.pdf

If the chief exec of a charity is responsible for the strategy, policy, investement and fundraising operations of a multi million pound organisation employing hundreds or thousands of staff nationwide no one is going to do it for 25k.

No, you have to consent to 'auto enrolment' .. Your HR department have to inform you, in advance, of when and what will be taken. They'll also give you the details of how to oot out.

Btw, it's 8% all in, 3% by me, the rest made up by the work. I have no idea whether it's different dependant on company size. I imagine it wouldn't be.

Consent to 'auto enrollment ' ? Nah.

It gets set up , payment is taken and only then can you apply for refund and cancellation. See gov.com.

Failure of the State pension system by folk living past 80 has caused this, and it is shameful. And bollox to those that think it will aid them in their retirement, lol.

The system will be snow crashed by then :)

Opting out is 30 days before policy is set up.

Most AE deals are now covered by the DWP changes which basically have ended regular commission for advisers.

My wife set up a Breakthrough Breast Cancer county group in the early 1990's

The group has now raised over £1m to help find a cure for this horrible disease.

The group was split into two main groups, help and advice and fundraising.

We were both heavily involved for 10 years and met some truly amazing people, Prince Charles, Sally Gunnell and Richard Dyson to name three.

The support was astonishing and the fundraising was generally varied and enjoyable.

We did things like black tie dinners, golf tournaments, fashion shows and a memorable Westie walks.

The Westie walk was organised by two young girls in memory of their mum. An organised 5 mile walk with West Highland Terriers

It took off in an amazing way and we persuaded the girls to allow other dogs and virtual dogs to participate. Massive amount of interest and money raised.

I do not agree with the sponsored Nepal trek type of thing and would not support if asked. But what I would say is that if you have never been involved in supporting a Charity give it a go, it can be very rewarding and take you to some places you may never have thought of.

Archived