The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It's a town hall not a debate.

It's a debate in a town hall format.

"The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which half of the questions will be posed directly by citizen participants and the other half will be posed by the moderator based on topics of broad public interest as reflected in social media and other sources. The candidates will have two minutes to respond and there will be an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate further discussion. The town meeting participants will be uncommitted voters selected by the Gallup Organization."

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people have been saying that the Hillary camp have been holding onto this footage to lessen the blow when the wiki leaks data was released. Tbh it's nothing but pure speculation of course but the timing is awfully convenient. 

You would certainly hope so. If you've got something against your opponent it's only natural that you would hold onto it until a time that it will either distract from an attack against you, or have maximum damage to your opponent.

No she isn't.

She is, she was SoS when the US killed Abdulrahman al-Awlaki and other teenagers. According to the official Whitehouse spokesperson, the justification for this was along the lines of 'he should have had a more responsible father'. This was the result of a CIA operation which makes it Clinton's responsibility.

I am sure there are plenty of other drone strikes authorised by her in which innocent children have been killed. By her own words this amounts to 'murder' (although that may just rate to if trump carried out the same activities as the US government have been undertaking for the last 15 years).

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

She is, she was SoS when the US killed Abdulrahman al-Awlaki and other teenagers. According to the official Whitehouse spokesperson, the justification for this was along the lines of 'he should have had a more responsible father'. This was the result of a CIA operation which makes it Clinton's responsibility.

I am sure there are plenty of other drone strikes authorised by her in which innocent children have been killed. By her own words this amounts to 'murder' (although that may just rate to if trump carried out the same activities as the US government have been undertaking for the last 15 years).

It's the President who authorises drone strikes, not the Secretary of State.

What makes you think that? Can't see Trump winning personally.

It's the US Jim
Btw I actually did think that Chukka came over quite well on QT. Problem is that there is no current place for the majority of plp in British politics. He should never have stood down post milliband. Think he was favourite pre corbyn

9 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

What makes you think that? Can't see Trump winning personally.

Agree, it's too far gone now. There would have to be some sort of ground shaking scandal about Hillary that the mass public would actually get shocked over for Trump to have a chance in hell. 

36 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Agree, it's too far gone now. There would have to be some sort of ground shaking scandal about Hillary that the mass public would actually get shocked over for Trump to have a chance in hell. 

At this stage it looks like Clinton could flamethrower someone to death on live TV, take a dump in their charred mouth, have a good laugh about it, and still not be held responsible for her actions.

Still up for grabs I think:

1. Can Trump can make stuff stick to Clinton in the debate without coming off as overly aggressive, and bring it back to 'Make America Great Again'?
  2. How large is the silenced pro-Trump base in the undecideds/uncommmiteds?
  3. How desensitised are these people getting to the bigot card?
  4. How many hyper-conservatives/Bernies he had in the bag have now been turned off because of the audio leak?
  5. What other leaks are to come, on both sides?

At this stage I'd bet on Clinton's grip of the attack dogging MSM being a decisive factor, especially considering the highlighting of probable further leaks.

4 minutes ago, banana said:

At this stage it looks like Clinton could flamethrower someone to death on live TV, take a dump in their charred mouth, have a good laugh about it, and still not be held responsible for her actions.

You're probably right, If Hillary can wash off every scandal against her during her campaign, whats she gonna get away with as President? Mike Pence looks like he is trying to distance himself from Trump i wonder if he is going to back out

Some prominent Republicans withdrawing their support. On one hand, actual Republican voters might turn-off from Trump, on the other hand it will strengthen his existing "anti-elite" base. Your base doesn't win an election though.

A shit-flinging contest is probably the worst thing Illary/Shillary/Crooked Hillary/Hillandry (whatever we're calling her today) can do in the next debate. A focus on actual policy and how incompetent a President Trump would be compared to "experienced hand who knows how the mechanisms of the White House operate" kills Trump more than a sparring match about "he said, she said" will. 

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Some prominent Republicans withdrawing their support. On one hand, actual Republican voters might turn-off from Trump, on the other hand it will strengthen his existing "anti-elite" base. Your base doesn't win an election though.

A shit-flinging contest is probably the worst thing Illary/Shillary/Crooked Hillary/Hillandry (whatever we're calling her today) can do in the next debate. A focus on actual policy and how incompetent a President Trump would be compared to "experienced hand who knows how the mechanisms of the White House operate" kills Trump more than a sparring match about "he said, she said" will. 

That's exactly what she'll do. Trump will go on the shitflinging warpath, get caught out and look like the petulant illinformed arsepiece he is.

He's clearly so obscenely rich that nobody in his circle has the balls to say "NO" to him. I'd call him a sociopath but he doesn't have any charm.

Katie Hopkins has got his back though.
“I think in two thousand and five what he says James doesn't matter and women don't allow themselves to be kissed, if they don't want to be kissed.”

“As a man I think he is anti the establishment and as a man when a bomb goes off in New York and New Jersey and four pipe bombs are discovered, he's the one that says bombs have been discovered, this is terror because everyone else tip toes away from it.”

“We're sick of people making women out to be victims because we're not victims we are actually some of the toughest people on this planet, James, and that's why Trump's a good candidate. And that's why I hope Trump one day will be president of the United States of America.”

ETA transcript from a call on her LBC show

The only way Trump comes out of the debate not 100% dead in the water is if he immediately issues a grovelling apology, comes across as sincere, and tries to focus 100%% on his main campaign issues.

I have little doubt after thirty minutes he's going to be shouting that Bill Clinton is a rapist though. 

1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

That's exactly what she'll do. Trump will go on the shitflinging warpath, get caught out and look like the petulant illinformed arsepiece he is.

She's in a strong public perception position with the latest sexism card, she'd do well to bait him in with repeated short, indirect references to try to get him utterly seething.

He'd do well to briefly point out her hypocrisy on this matter, then move on to policy and "Make America Great Again" rhetoric.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

The only way Trump comes out of the debate not 100% dead in the water is if he immediately issues a grovelling apology, comes across as sincere, and tries to focus 100%% on his main campaign issues.

I have little doubt after thirty minutes he's going to be shouting that Bill Clinton is a rapist though. 

:lol: Tshirts and signs to that effect have been appearing randomly in the crowd of live TV broadcasts and such in the last few days, top trend on Twitter at one point too apparently.

Think he needs to go on the attack a bit too though to shift the focus of doubt back onto Shillary.

Question for the GOP is whether the voters worship Trump or hate Clinton more. Would the people who had Trump close/ahead in polls a few weeks ago still turn out for someone else? Tough one that.

I suppose they're probably not going to win with Trump anyway. His supporters seem to be in full excuse making mode already, not a good sign.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

2 hours ago, banana said:

She's in a strong public perception position with the latest sexism card, she'd do well to bait him in with repeated short, indirect references to try to get him utterly seething.

He'd do well to briefly point out her hypocrisy on this matter, then move on to policy and "Make America Great Again" rhetoric.

:lol: Tshirts and signs to that effect have been appearing randomly in the crowd of live TV broadcasts and such in the last few days, top trend on Twitter at one point too apparently.

Think he needs to go on the attack a bit too though to shift the focus of doubt back onto Shillary.

Paco is spot on here Banana, Trump needs to lay off the attacking and being a complete tool, admit he is human and can make mistakes then focus on is Campaign giving the American people genuine reasons to vote for him other than hollow rhetoric. His campaign website has a massive list of positions and things he says he wants to bring to the table but i honestly cant remember any examples of when he has talked about them. Rather than go on the attack, he has to act like a leader and tell people why they should vote for him. Infact both of them do cause this entire campaign has been nothing but back and forth attacks between the two of them.

Archived