The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect it's that his first performance in the debates was so poor that he seems to be doing better this time around by comparison.

Honestly, I've little to no idea in a post-Brexit world, where Trump is the GOP candidate and just said he'd be seeking a jail term for the other candidate if he wins, what on earth an American electorate will make of this so far - off to ma pit but I'll catch up tomorrow.

Just now, MeadowArab said:

What makes me angry is that members of both parties could easily have had different candidates, especially the democrats. If this was Sanders against Trump, I think Sanders would wipe the floor with Trump.

I'm not sure Hilary could wipe a floor on her own.

Just now, MeadowArab said:

What makes me angry is that members of both parties could easily have had different candidates, especially the democrats. If this was Sanders against Trump, I think Sanders would wipe the floor with Trump.

Sanders would surely be crushed as soon as Trump brought up his blatant racism

If you were scoring this like a boxing match with questions being rounds then yeah, Clinton might be winning.

If it was a fight they'd have stopped it after 20 minutes though. Trump's grasp of policy is laughable but the slaggings he's dished out will be what lands from this debate.

Clinton has grown as the debate has progressed. Absolutely strolling it now. Linking the issues back to her real life experience; appearing empathetic and trying to reach out beyond her support base. I can only assume that people who think Trump is winning this actually don't understand what a debate is. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Clinton has grown as the debate has progressed. Absolutely strolling it now. Linking the issues back to her real life experience; appearing empathetic and trying to reach out beyond her support base. I can only assume that people who think Trump is winning this actually don't understand what a debate is. 

This.

These debates are about who the American people want to run the government of the most powerful country on the planet. This is not a Comedy Roast.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

She's held her own for about 20 minutes out of 80, most voters will have no more idea of how much Trump is bullshitting than I do.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

She's held her own for about 20 minutes out of 80, most voters will have no more idea of how much Trump is bullshitting than I do.

You sell the American people short. Most of them don't dribble when typing.

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

You sell the American people short. Most of them don't dribble when typing.

They will after they've been to typing school.

2 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Well that was somewhat of a pleasant ending, which is a shock. They even managed a handshake!

Yes, but they didn't show us who left with most fingers.

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

Surely Hillary should have talked a lot about nearly his entire party abandoning him? Seems like a massive open goal.

Why would she want to actively encourage the Republicans to try to replace him? If he doesn't drop out she wins.

Why would she want to actively encourage the Republicans to try to replace him? If he doesn't drop out she wins.

I don't think her mentioning that nearly every major Republican is criticising him will be what leads to him being replaced.

Archived