That is strong work leuan, I'd tried to find the images but couldn't manage it.

Its a real hall of mirrors for the BBC to deal with... (sarcasm sign).

I'm sure on Cikos' debut the BBC kept calling him Kovacevic?

Even though Cikos was a good few inches shorter, bald, has a different name, and unlike Kova was actually contracted to the club at the time (they'd already reported Kova having left).

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the time Morton signed Marc McCulloch. They thought they were getting the Mark McCulloch of Ross County, Partick, Caley and Livi fame. But they got a shite one instead.

Why do I have it in my head that we had Marc McCulloch at some point too? If not, who was the skinhead winger we had at one point that was on £1k a week in the First under Smith?

Kevin McKinlay?

Nah, long before that. I can't find that Newcastle Fan's page that lists all the players though. I'm sure it was a Marc with a C instead of a K though.

ETA: Staggie Archive certainly doesn't list him though.

Why do I have it in my head that we had Marc McCulloch at some point too? If not, who was the skinhead winger we had at one point that was on £1k a week in the First under Smith?

Are you thinking of Mark McCormick?

Wee stocky bald right-winger, bit gingery, looked like an angry Jimmy Somerville.

He was the latest in a line of players to replace Billy Ferries (Kevin Finlayson, an out of position Stevie Ferguson, etc.)

Neale Cooper brought him from Livingston in December of the 2000-01 season.

Think he left 18months later at end 2001-02 season for Berwick??

Archived