Clyde vs Shire

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any case, should be a decent match if it stays dry as it has been for the last few hours. A bit gusty at times but if the rain keeps off then conditions won't be too bad. Really need at least 3 points from the next two to keep the momentum up, and hope that those dastardly Queenies decide to do us a turn.

You said it was "more than just lucky", but I'd say you'd need to be fairly lucky to have so many shots on your goal without conceding and then scoring from your only shot in goal in the full match

You're forgetting his/her important statistic....that mediocrity and self-mocking are important than being good enough to escape the shithole league once in a while. At least Arbroath have been places on merit. Which is clear in his teams MO as they've chucked it since trying to sneak a point off the big team. Even though he called it a 'winner'. Idiot.

Stats can be twisted anyway you want. Arbroath only had 5 shots on goal. That suggests that The Shire restricted them to shots from distance. That's sounds more like good organised defending in my book.

Also, six of The Shires 10 wins have been 1-0. Barry Ferguson sums them up well in today's matchday programme when he says "I think Shire are a hard working team and don't deserve the credit they deserve." I would agree with that.

As for today's game, I think a draw was a fair result for both teams.

Surely he said "...don't get the credit they deserve."?

Stats can be twisted anyway you want. Arbroath only had 5 shots on goal. That suggests that The Shire restricted them to shots from distance. That's sounds more like good organised defending in my book.

Also, six of The Shires 10 wins have been 1-0. Barry Ferguson sums them up well in today's matchday programme when he says "I think Shire are a hard working team and don't deserve the credit they deserve." I would agree with that.

As for today's game, I think a draw was a fair result for both teams.

So you don't believe being comprehensively outplayed and coming away with 3 points despite having one shot on target in the whole match is in any way lucky?

A draw today was in no way a fair result for both teams. Clyde were far better, even if we did struggle at times for clear cut chances. Disappointed by the draw, mostly cos we played some really good stuff at times.

Traynor improved as the game wore on, but his hesitancy for their goal cost us the 3 points sadly. We were the better team over the piece, but struggled to create clear cut chances and therefore can't complain much about the draw. Marko was good again, McQueen looked decent and Slane remains a threat. Unconvinced by Parker out wide and McDougall just hasn't been at the races so far, sadly. O'Donnell showed the best and worst of himself today, while Murray was reasonably good again. It's a shame Roberts went off early-ish because we had no composure in the final third afterwards.

7 points from 9 given our previous home record is a good return from those 3 matches, but the draw today does lead me to think we'll have to get a result up in Elgin on Tuesday. Hopefully we can do it.

Archived