Clyde vs Shire

Thought we struggled in the second half to be honest. A 5-10 spell aside, I thought Shire were the better side in the 2nd half. Overall a draw was a fair result IMO.

Improvement since January is remarkable. Some experienced heads has made a huge difference. Will see us ok this year.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half was fairly even but thought we shaded the second half. The Shire were much improved since we last played them and were quick to close us down resulting in the ball going all the way back to the keeper on occasions. They passed the ball about well but didn't create too many chances.

Clyde also struggled to create many clear cut chances but we did force the Shire keeper into a few good saves in the second half.

Marko was solid at the back which was just as well as defensively Traynor was all over the place although he did put in a few decent crosses into the box in the second half.

Don't think Parker and Durie linked up particularly well down the right and it was fairly obvious that Parker wasn't too used to that position. He was good on the ball but there was a few times when he stood still rather than running into space out wide. McQueen won a lot of headers but we didn't have anyone close enough to him to capitalise on his knock ons.

Huge game on Tuesday now. Results really went in our favour today and it's just a pity we couldn't get the win.

A few months ago we would have lost that. Not the best performance of the season, far from it but we could have snuck it if the ball had fallen a bit quicker for Parker at the end when his shot was blocked from fairly close range. We missed Fergie's pace and trickery today. A point was fair overall. Shore looked pretty decent at times and played some nice stuff.

Those last minute goals against Queens and East Fife are looking like they might just come back to haunt us. Tuesday is huge now if we are to have a chance at 4th spot. A point wouldn't be awful but I don't think it would be enough. Elgin have to win too if they are to reignite their playoff push. Heard someone say that all places in the league might go to the final day, it's hard to argue with that right now. The Montrose result puts them in with a fighting chance of catching those above too...

Hats off to the standside assistant. Policed the technical area superbly, albeit at the cost of missing what was actually happening on the pitch.

They we he enforced the offside rule was also a pain in the arse. He waited until the player touched the ball before putting his flag up. It was pretty obvious on numerous occasions they were involved in play seeing as the player was running towards the ball with no other players nearby. So why not just flag then?

I enjoyed the game today; think Tully has done a brilliant job and that was a Shire side who were well coached. They contributed more in an attacking sense than in the other three meetings. As usual their biggest downfall was up front as Nesbitt was outplayed by Marko and Marsh. Similarly, we didn't get enough around McQueen who won a lot in the air.

Draw was clearly a fair result. Thought Marsh and Slane were our best performers, whilst Traynor had a nightmare. We looked tired in the last ten and I fear for us on Tuesday against a fresh Elgin. The injuries to Ferguson, McLaughlin and McManus mean we can't even freshen it up.

Wasted opportunity if anything. As far as footballing ability goes, i've not been entertained anywhere near as much as what Roberts, Slane and Parker have in their jook. But we couldn't finish a sandwich, and that will be the undoing. Massive massive improvement in all departments make it hard to criticise, and it's good to see proper players in the shirt again, but barring a miracle, a sixth season of this bollocks awaits. Oh dear.

Dont know if its down to wages but we need to recall any two o Gray.Daly or Watt as quite clear yesterdays X1 looked very tired after 60mins (or sooner) & tue/sat worries me aswell.... No way our current squad can handle 3 out injured and 3 on loan & marko looked very heavy legged at FT aswell...

Dont know if its down to wages but we need to recall any two o Gray.Daly or Watt as quite clear yesterdays X1 looked very tired after 60mins (or sooner) & tue/sat worries me aswell.... No way our current squad can handle 3 out injured and 3 on loan & marko looked very heavy legged at FT aswell...

Was thinkin that SSB. Can you remember the name of the young lad who was gettin a few games this time last year, mid/fwd seemed quite promisin? Maybe the energy of someone like him would help.

Don't know the conditions of our loan players wether it's a deal to the end of the season (can we recall them )

do think the squad will be stretched my worry would be defence if marko or Marsh injured midfield think we are ok up front mcmanus due back next week

I wouldn't recall daly or watt doubt they would get a game and not sure they would want to either

Gordon Young

That's the one. Pity he's been released, he seemed to be developin pretty well. There was another lad got released, got loaned out to EK then came back, looked quite powerful. Again can't remember the boy's name but they might have been useful to come in for some games

That's the one. Pity he's been released, he seemed to be developin pretty well. There was another lad got released, got loaned out to EK then came back, looked quite powerful. Again can't remember the boy's name but they might have been useful to come in for some games

mccleish I thought he was the better of the two hard to tell with young players at that time as the team was piss poor

On reflection, I guess a draw was a fair result yesterday - but our performance was lot more encouraging than I've seen in a while. The players BF brought in in January have made all the difference, and there's so much more about us than there was before. It's probably, but not definitely, come too late for this season but I'm encouraged for next season. Having said that, are Marko and Roberts likely to last another full season? I hope so, and Roberts especially doesn't look his age. I also like that BF again said in his post-match interview that his aim is to get us back up the leagues. It's something that's gone without saying for a while, but it's good to hear the manager say it!

Archived