Queen of the South v's Raith Rovers 14/03/15

A point was a decent outcome but the quality of the performance was the real positive.

Delighted to see us setting up with such a positive approach and passing the ball very well indeed.

Our final ball was a bit disappointing at times but a great team performance.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any points picked up by our rivals against that lot should be deemed unexpected anymore. I half thought Falkirk would win that game to be honest.

I'm not meaning to downplay the importance of last night, I agree it was key we got at least a point for the reasons you specify. I was meaning to highlight that drawing in the fashion we did might actually help our cause more than had we say taken the lead and conceded a late equaliser instead of the other way round. The outcome would be the same, but the effect on morale completely different.

Fair enough

Same team and formation as last night, for me, with McKenna in for Higgins and Lyle for Paton (are we sure Lyle didnt get a 3 match ban??)

We still need to be a little more positive in our play. Get the ball wide and have Carmichael and Russell commit defenders and take them on, thats when we look most dangerous. I'd also like to see McShane and Millar be a little more positive in possession. A lot of our play in the last few weeks has been very safe, designed to keep possession. Thats fine, up to a point, but sometimes you have to take risks, move forward with the ball and try passes that are going to create chances rather than just keep the ball.

www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2014/15/PlayerSuspensions/LOS33 (5 MAR) VM.pdf

2 match ban for Lyle.

Cheers :)

Good news as I think we've missed him. It will be good to have options like Paton and, a fired up, Aiden Smith on the bench. Hopefully, Burns will be fit too, otherwise there'll be no real midfield cover on the bench.

Same team and formation as last night, for me, with McKenna in for Higgins and Lyle for Paton (are we sure Lyle didnt get a 3 match ban??)

We still need to be a little more positive in our play. Get the ball wide and have Carmichael and Russell commit defenders and take them on, thats when we look most dangerous. I'd also like to see McShane and Millar be a little more positive in possession. A lot of our play in the last few weeks has been very safe, designed to keep possession. Thats fine, up to a point, but sometimes you have to take risks, move forward with the ball and try passes that are going to create chances rather than just keep the ball.

Is there not a contradiction in that first bit?

For what it's worth I'd go with a 4-4-2 formation,

Clark.

Kidd, Hooper, Dowie, Holt.

Carmichael, McShane, Millar, Russell

Reilly, Lyle.

Subs, Atkinson, Paton, Burns, McKenna, Slattery, Smith, Pickard.

Big game on sat

Team formation for me would be -

Clark

Kidd Mckenna Dowie Holt

Carmichael Mcshane Millar Russell

Lyle Reilly

Subs Paton Mitchell Smith Pickard Hooper Slattery Atkinson

Millar Prob not last 90 replace with Paton on 70 then young Adain on for Reilly last 10.

Is there not a contradiction in that first bit? For what it's worth I'd go with a 4-4-2 formation, Clark. Kidd, Hooper, Dowie, Holt. Carmichael, McShane, Millar, Russell Reilly, Lyle. Subs, Atkinson, Paton, Burns, McKenna, Slattery, Smith, Pickard.

Well Higgins is suspended, so he obviously cant play. So the same team other than Lyle in for Paton.

Better?

My dads going on about Bruno's? Is this the said establishment we are talking about? :)

Definitely need to win this match. I would probably take a draw in any other circumstance but that wouldn't do us any favours. Im sure our record at Palmerston isin't that bad actually.

My dads going on about Bruno's? Is this the said establishment we are talking about? :)

Definitely need to win this match. I would probably take a draw in any other circumstance but that wouldn't do us any favours. Im sure our record at Palmerston isin't that bad actually.

No, Brunos is slightly outside the town centre. The other one is right in it, just off the High Street

Archived