Queen of the South v's Raith Rovers 14/03/15

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit annoyed we are only 1 up here. We could/should really be out of sight. Plenty of chances, just not hitting the target. Good game so far. Ref questionable. Thought we should have had a penalty at the end of the half. Raith are poor at set pieces and I hope we capitalise. Raith's goal was a peach; applauded it myself.

Queens second goal was the highest boot challenge I've seen for a while, referee was ok with it. Pish decision. We should have played to whistle though. Not enough in the final third. Malaise for the rest of the season.

Job done.

I really enjoyed that today. Thought it was a game filled with chances and we played some decent stuff at times. We should really have been out of sight at half time. I can't really recall Raith creating much tbh. Although I wouldn't say they were poor though, just didn't really harm us. A solid 3 points, which is exactly what we needed with the games we have coming up.

Side notes. I've a lot of respect for Nade after today. The boy got battered all day, by McKenna especially. I seen him complain ONCE and that was at the very end after he was again ripped down. He was thankfully quieter than normal, but I thought his professionalism was too notch. Something that can't be said for Russell sadly. I was actually disgusted with him today. He got his free-kick after being fouled by Nade. Nade bent over him and with absolutely no malice put his hands on Russell's face and was clearly going to joke with him as he was smiling! Russell reacts as if he had just been hit with a sledgehammer! Pretty disgraceful stuff. The only thing more embarrassing about the incident was the morons in the crowd who were claiming for a red card ;) Thankfully the ref wasn't suckered in by it. Easily the only thing the clown got right. I thought he was pretty poor tbh. Reilly should have had a penalty. The amount of times he put the whistle to his mouth but then never blew was unreal. The biggest one being when the still a f£cking thug Jimmy Scott should have walked. On a yellow, and he jumps into a tackle; a tackle that SOME ref's would be tempted to give a red for nowadays. Yet he got away with it. The ref put the whistle to his mouth then obviously thought against it. Complete shitebag. The fact he was subbed minutes later spoke volumes! Besides that, the p***k should have seen red earlier in the half after throwing an elbow into Russell. The ref looked right at it and have nothing. Useless!

A good day at the office overall, with a weaker defence than usual as well.

Job done!

Queens second goal was the highest boot challenge I've seen for a while, referee was ok with it. Pish decision. We should have played to whistle though. Not enough in the final third. Malaise for the rest of the season.

Forgot about that. Yet another example of his incompetence! Can't believe the ref never blew for a foul with that one!

You're probably right, but then there was a blatant handball by Nade just before the ball dropped to Vaughan for his goal.

Both sides were pretty evenly matched in terms of possession but I thought Queens created more and better chances. The longer the game went on the more comfortable Queens looked and the less likely Raith looked to equalise - Clarks almost suicidal pass that Nade just missed aside.

Its easy to see why Raith have been on a good run lately. I'd imagine they'll play worse than today but win too.

That was a really enjoyable game, plenty of action and talking points. Huge 3 points which keeps us looking up as well as keeping the chasing pack at arms length.

I felt really sorry for Nade in that incident, clearly just leaning over Russell to see if he was okay and Beanie started rolling about trying to get him sent off. Poor from Russell.

Scott could easily have been sent off on about 2 or 3 occasions. He seems to play as he looks, a perma-seething thug.

Holt was absolutely brilliant today, with Dowie not far behind him. Fair play to McKenna too. He had a few ropey moments but for a man whose not played much football, and who wasn't playing in his favoured position he did well. It's hard to imagine Durnan or Higgins doing much better against Nade, the guy is a complete handful.

I think Paton justified his inclusion ahead of Lyle. He was busy all game and looked sharper than in recent weeks. Millar was tidy all game as well, especially as he was doing the work of two, with McShane largely a passenger. I think we've upgraded Kerr with Millar. Does the same job and has age on his side. He likes a shot as well, not to mention his vision. One pass through to Reilly was a thing of beauty.

Scott is shite - offers nothing other than putting himself about and that's not the first time this season he's looked like getting sent off. Mercifully, Murray subbed him before he was sent off.

The season is over for us, so hopefully we won't be seeing much more of the likes of Scott.

Archived