Queen of the South v's Raith Rovers 14/03/15

Apart from when we took a point at Easter Road and then beat Rangers at Ibrox, obviously? Four points from the two games with our lowest possession this season.

Last time I checked you don't get points for a cup win.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or against Falkirk?

Our away league form is excellent, not beaten in almost 3 months.

Yes, like him or loathe him, Murray has done well post-Christmas, especially away from home.

However, I just can't take to him. Not sure why. Possibly because I mainly attend home games. There's a definite disconnect. Yet I loved him as a player. He's in my top 3 McGlynn signings with McGurn and Tade.

Hopefully he can keep the away record up at QoS.

Murray's tactics will depend how we get on with this one. If we sit back, try to defend and play on break we'll lose. It's not worked one all season. I'm hoping he plays slightly more attacking and at least we have a go (and maybe even a first half shot!) but I just can't see it. It's not like we don't have the players to do so but Murray is very stubborn tactically.

2-0 Queens and our faint play off hopes finally extinguished.

I'd say Rovers will be good enough for at least 1 point at Palmerston.

We kept them pretty well penned in their own half for most of the cup tie at Inverness on Tuesday night, but they did look good on the counter and were unlucky not to score with a Stewart and McKeown move in the first half. Given decent service Nade is always a threat.

1-1 or 0-1

My dads going on about Bruno's? Is this the said establishment we are talking about? :)

Definitely need to win this match. I would probably take a draw in any other circumstance but that wouldn't do us any favours. Im sure our record at Palmerston isin't that bad actually.

Get tore into the Baby Calzone starter, they're the dug's dangly bits.

The last 5 league games away from home would suggest the opposite:

Livingston 0-2 Raith

Hibs 1-1 Raith

Alloa 0-0 Raith

Cowden 0-1 Raith

Falkirk 0-1 Raith

Apart from when we took a point at Easter Road and then beat Rangers at Ibrox, obviously? Four points from the two games with our lowest possession this season.

At Ibrox we never sat back and defended like we've done against them in every league game this season. We put pressure on them and allowed them little time on the ball. That's what we all want to see.

At Easter Road forgive me but although we won Hibs should have been out of sight that match. Listen I'm not complaining about getting the point and if it works it works but 1 win in the league against teams placed above us in the league so far this season suggests Murray really doesn't know how to play against them.

Away at Livi and Cowden we never played like that and and got results but away at Alloa we should be aiming for a win, not defending for a scoreless draw. If that's the lever of our ambition then I worry.

Last time out in Dumfries we were very poor and I just worry that if we sit back and defend with no pressure put on their defence and midfield we will eventually be picked off. This is effectively our season ending game. Win and we have a chance to push on and put serious pressure for 4th place, however lose and it's season over and 10 meaningless matches to come. I just want us to show some ambition when playing games and look to go and win them instead of hoping for a lucky break.

Hopefully Murray proves me wrong and we come up with a performance and result tomorrow.

The heed is fine, the other end however is evacuating the shite lager that is dispensed at The Hole I the Wa.

I once got served a pint in the Hole in the Wa which had the remnants of someone's nose in it...whilst some fat bloke murdered a karaoke tune.

Just on train from Carlisle now. You would imagine Conroy would come back in. Delighted Barr is getting gametime even if it is at Hill's expense. A win today would set us up nicely for a possible 5th finish or the outside chance of 4th...

Archived