Paul Murray on today's Sportsound.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair it's no wonder they lap up the rubbish Murray Whyte Green Murray spouts about toppling Celtic in two years and being the top team in Scotland while playing Champions league etc as a quick scan around any Rangers fans on-line and you will find a large % who believe if they don't get promoted this season it will somehow be bad for the other teams who are desperate for Rangers to return, the whole of Scottish football is about to die without them as they have all the money, you really couldn't make it up and any sensible Rangers fan who tries to explain their current plight is instantly labelled with a derogatory term for a Catholic.

Here is a snippet from the Scotsman

"but simply having Rangers back will benefit Celtic to the tune of £10m. Lawwell said: “There might be more money available going forward and that could depend on Hearts and Rangers coming up. It would certainly help. It’s about quality of product and competition. Hopefully there can be a new beginning here.

“Do I hope Rangers come up? The positives you miss the negatives you don’t. They have to sort themselves out. It costs us £10m a year without Rangers – if they came back up we’d progressively get that back.

“It depends on their ownership. Everyone would agree the ownership there has been questionable in the last three years.”

PErsonally i can't see us getting promoted through the play off games, the players have downed tools and everythings a mess, we need to start rebuilding and hopefully make a decent stab of getting up next season.

Are this pair not cut from exactly the same cloth? If you met either in any walk of life you wouldn't trust them further you could throw them, but not in football and definitely not in Rangers. They are welcomed like conquering heroes.

Slimey b*****ds, why can't the mugs see it?

post-4731-0-72588900-1425808050.jpg

post-4731-0-93271300-1425808067.jpg

Quite some effort to demonise Paul Murray here..

What has he actually done?

The man who openly spoke out against the Whyte takeover, put forward viable alternatives and lost his job for it, now being compared to him :1eye

I don't need to listen to him. I have judged him. He looks like a c**t. I am seldom wrong about these things...except...when I say seldom, I mean hardly ever...quite often in fact.

He still looks like a c**t!

The man who openly spoke out against the Whyte takeover, put viable alternatives and lost his job for it, now being compared to him :1eye

Well just so long as you haven't been sucked in by this and are remaining skeptical in the face of ludicrous hubris, all too familiar arrogance and a hint of "how fucking stupid do you think we are" (quite it appears). Because that would be embarrassing for you.

213k5ki.jpg

Here is a snippet from the Scotsman

"but simply having Rangers back will benefit Celtic to the tune of £10m. Lawwell said: “There might be more money available going forward and that could depend on Hearts and Rangers coming up. It would certainly help. It’s about quality of product and competition. Hopefully there can be a new beginning here.

“Do I hope Rangers come up? The positives you miss the negatives you don’t. They have to sort themselves out. It costs us £10m a year without Rangers – if they came back up we’d progressively get that back.

“It depends on their ownership. Everyone would agree the ownership there has been questionable in the last three years.

PErsonally i can't see us getting promoted through the play off games, the players have downed tools and everythings a mess, we need to start rebuilding and hopefully make a decent stab of getting up next season.

Big fcuking surprise - the green arse cheek is missing their 'enemy' from across the city. Missing the almost 100% guaranteed one-two finishes, missing the cash, missing the fact that the years the Rangers won the league actually keeps bums on seats at Celtic's midden. A wee bit (but not too much) 'competition' keeps turnstiles clicking. Missing their blue arse cheek riding shotgun for them. While Celtic are humping Dundee United or whoever, a strong the Rangers are taking care of a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. Missing the Rangers also hoovering up other Scottish clubs' talent, rendering any possible upstart diddies toothless, and the perpetual one-two cartel continues. Missing having the media slavering over the build up to the 'greatest derby in the world'. Missing the title effectively being decided by meetings between the two disproportionally large clubs in a small country. One arse. Two cheeks. 'Enemies?' - my fcuking arse.

Celtic, as a business, miss Rangers. That's unarguable. That's about it and the rest of Scottish football could live quite comfortably without them in the top league imo.

Could they just have a league of two clubs where they play each other home and away each week and leave the rest of us to get on with things properly, without their joint encumbrance.

Big fcuking surprise - the green arse cheek is missing their 'enemy' from across the city. Missing the almost 100% guaranteed one-two finishes, missing the cash, missing the fact that the years the Rangers won the league actually keeps bums on seats at Celtic's midden. A wee bit (but not too much) 'competition' keeps turnstiles clicking. Missing their blue arse cheek riding shotgun for them. While Celtic are humping Dundee United or whoever, a strong the Rangers are taking care of a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. Missing the Rangers also hoovering up other Scottish clubs' talent, rendering any possible upstart diddies toothless, and the perpetual one-two cartel continues. Missing having the media slavering over the build up to the 'greatest derby in the world'. Missing the title effectively being decided by meetings between the two disproportionally large clubs in a small country. One arse. Two cheeks. 'Enemies?' - my fcuking arse.

Absolutely spot on.

I love it when Rangers fans try to argue that Scottish football needs or benefits from having a strong Rangers, by pointing to comment from Celtic.

Of course they bloody miss Rangers. They're just like them and aspire to the same things and the same self serving set-up.

However, there's a lot more to Scottish football than two oversized clubs with dubious appeal from Glasgow. And the rest of us need neither of them.

The man who openly spoke out against the Whyte takeover, put forward viable alternatives and lost his job for it, now being compared to him :1eye

All that I can see is that he gave some honest opinions, would the ragers on this thread rather that he lied?

Maybe if you try again and write another post which is clearer and a bit calmer, I'll try and respond to it.

Just to point out, we haven't so much lost out on a penny due to Rangers dying. Our accounts back this up.

Our biggest financial loss has been not from qualifying for the Champions League.

Archived