Paul Murray on today's Sportsound.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely spot on. I love it when Rangers fans try to argue that Scottish football needs or benefits from having a strong Rangers, by pointing to comment from Celtic. Of course they bloody miss Rangers. They're just like them and aspire to the same things and the same self serving set-up. However, there's a lot more to Scottish football than two oversized clubs with dubious appeal from Glasgow. And the rest of us need neither of them.

Come on MT, are you forgetting the game-changer that was McDowell insightfully and eloquently informing us that Scottish Football needs the Old Firm 'cause it just makes it better !?

Come on MT, are you forgetting the game-changer that was McDowell insightfully and eloquently informing us that Scottish Football needs the Old Firm 'cause it just makes it better !?

Ah right enough.

I'll admit that the intricacies of the argument had kind of escaped me until he crystallised them so beautifully.

I've not heard the interview. Did he actually say "Scottish football needs Rangers' leadership"? If so, that's absolutely incredible and indefensible.

He intimated this yes. Something about how they used to be a beacon of morality showing Scottish Football the way forward. Good to see another late entrant to the 'Funniest thing to happen to Sevco' competition.

He intimated this yes. Something about how they used to be a beacon of morality showing Scottish Football the way forward. Good to see another late entrant to the 'Funniest thing to happen to Sevco' competition.

Ah, a beacon of morality.

Was that during the era where they engineered a method of paying millionaires in a manner which allowed them to duck tax, or during the earlier period where they operated an openly sectarian signing policy?

I don't need to listen to him. I have judged him. He looks like a c**t. I am seldom wrong about these things...except...when I say seldom, I mean hardly ever...quite often in fact.

He still looks like a c**t!

I agree with Sarge, he looks a bit iffy, probably best to get him locked up under "He Looks A Bit Iffy Act, 2012".

Celtic, as a business, miss Rangers. That's unarguable. That's about it and the rest of Scottish football could live quite comfortably without either of them in the top league imo.

duck tax,

That's it, them ducks have got to go.

I agree with Sarge, he looks a bit iffy, probably best to get him locked up under "He Looks A Bit Iffy Act, 2012".

You know it makes sense. I don't like the cut of his gib. Matter ended.

Rangers didn't die, or cheat for years.

Vaccines cause autism.

9/11 was an inside job.

The media is against Sevco.

The Queen is a lizard.

Prince Phillip organised Diana's crash

Paul McCartney died and was replaced by a lookalike

Doug Rougvie won a Scotland cap.

There was no 'sporting advantage' from the EBT scam.

Maybe if you try again and write another post which is clearer and a bit calmer, I'll try and respond to it.

Aye, I hang on your every word, and I'm gutted you won't respond to this post. Pie and Bovril needs a strong The Bennett.

Aye, I hang on your every word, and I'm gutted you won't respond to this post. Pie and Bovril needs a strong The Bennett.

Quite so - Pie and Bovril needs Bennett to lead it and give it moral guidance.

The sooner he is back where he belongs, the better for Pie and Bovril..

Your post was pish, deal with it...

Rubbish.

It was a sensible post, which is why you disagreed with it.

It was an angry, messy jumble of a post.

If he can repost in a more readable manner then I'll reply to it.

It was an angry, messy jumble of a post.

It wasn't.

Anger alone doesn't render a piece of writing unreadable.

He's used the device of repetition - in this case of the word 'missing' - to drive home his point about Celtic naturally missing Rangers because the old cartel served the mutual interests of both parts of the OF so effectively.

I'm afraid that your failure to comprehend a post, does not reflect at all on the ability of its author.

Archived