Paul Murray on today's Sportsound.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't. Anger alone doesn't render a piece of writing unreadable. He's used the device of repetition - in this case of the word 'missing' - to drive home his point about Celtic naturally missing Rangers because the old cartel served the mutual interests of both parts of the OF so effectively. I'm afraid that your failure to comprehend a post, does not reflect at all on the ability of its author.

Yer baws, it was a jumbled mess which gave me a migraine.

Now if the guy slows down a bit and rewrites it, i'll give it a fair chance....

Yer baws, it was a jumbled mess which gave me a migraine.

Now if the guy slows down a bit and rewrites it, i'll give it a fair chance....

I'll try again. Yer' club's deid' and the green arse cheek across the city is missing the deid' Rangers. One big shite-smeared arse, two cheeks.

Got it?

Here is a snippet from the Scotsman

"but simply having Rangers back will benefit Celtic to the tune of £10m. Lawwell said: “There might be more money available going forward and that could depend on Hearts and Rangers coming up. It would certainly help. It’s about quality of product and competition. Hopefully there can be a new beginning here.

“Do I hope Rangers come up? The positives you miss the negatives you don’t. They have to sort themselves out. It costs us £10m a year without Rangers – if they came back up we’d progressively get that back.

“It depends on their ownership. Everyone would agree the ownership there has been questionable in the last three years.”

I also find it entertaining when each of the two cheeks slaver over the prospect of being re-united, just as I do from the silence from the 'supporters groups' in reaction, who spend enormous energy ridiculing each other and walking that wobbly sectarian tightrope between rivalry and hatred*, but benignly endorse the opinions of their lords and masters in the boardroom whenever they suggest one is good for the other.

For suggesting that Rangers rising again will lead to greater competition in the Premiership, Alastair Johnston should be sectioned. These two foul tribes have been complicit in the absolute removal of competition for decades now, and to suggest otherwise is borderline offensive.

* of course, I'm being disingenuous here. They're mostly bigots.

Nice to see Poz is not a seething mess at the thought of Rangers returning to the very top of Scottish football.

I'm seething at our BoD bagging Danny Lennon and allowing Tommy Craig (a proven managerial failure at Hibernian and Charleroi) to simply step up. Lazy, cheap, disasterous.

I am not even remotely 'seething' at the thought of the Sevco occupying a place in Scottish football once held by the club called Rangers that also played out of Ibrox. The Sevconians posting on here are simply turning into piss-poor WUMs.

I am very interested in the Sevco story. Without doubt the biggest saga with many twists ever to hit Scottish football. The Sevconians on here need to up their game. Whatever standards some of them managed to achieve have been allowed to slip. Anyone reading this forum might think that seeing a legend hoover up their cash for tending his roses, seeing his useless assistant hand in his notice, see a convicted tax fraudster be their only hope, and see their team being raped by Hearts kids has the Sevconians on here being the ones 'seething'.

I'm seething at our BoD bagging Danny Lennon and allowing Tommy Craig (a proven managerial failure at Hibernian and Charleroi) to simply step up. Lazy, cheap, disasterous.I am not even remotely 'seething' at the thought of the Sevco occupying a place in Scottish football once held by the club called Rangers that also played out of Ibrox. The Sevconians posting on here are simply turning into piss-poor WUMs.I am very interested in the Sevco story. Without doubt the biggest saga with many twists ever to hit Scottish football. The Sevconians on here need to up their game. Whatever standards some of them managed to achieve have been allowed to slip. Anyone reading this forum might think that seeing a legend hoover up their cash for tending his roses, seeing his useless assistant hand in his notice, see a convicted tax fraudster be their only hope, and see their team being raped by Hearts kids has the Sevconians on here being the ones 'seething'.

don't forget being skelped hibs. Or having to constantly borrow money just to keep the lights on.

Got it.

I'm seething at our BoD bagging Danny Lennon and allowing Tommy Craig (a proven managerial failure at Hibernian and Charleroi) to simply step up. Lazy, cheap, disasterous. I am not even remotely 'seething' at the thought of the Sevco occupying a place in Scottish football once held by the club called Rangers that also played out of Ibrox. The Sevconians posting on here are simply turning into piss-poor WUMs. I am very interested in the Sevco story. Without doubt the biggest saga with many twists ever to hit Scottish football. The Sevconians on here need to up their game. Whatever standards some of them managed to achieve have been allowed to slip. Anyone reading this forum might think that seeing a legend hoover up their cash for tending his roses, seeing his useless assistant hand in his notice, see a convicted tax fraudster be their only hope, and see their team being raped by Hearts kids has the Sevconians on here being the ones 'seething'.

I concur, we can see the dangers of subserviance to any organisation and the strategies they use to create an environment of docile followers. There is an interesting film that all Sevconians should watch, Compliance.

Celtic and Rangers are like two drunks staggering up the street leaning on each other for support. They need one another like Labour need the Tories to keep the diddies at bay.

What was the line about them being like two floozies in Union Street, lifting their skirts for every passer by who looks like he has a few bob?

Did no hear the actual interview, but I have got the gist of it. Celtic and Rangers can not wait to get back together again, holding hands under the SPL table The suits having secret meetings away from the other clubs where they come up with ways to keeping the diddy teams in line and weak. They will make sure "Whats good for the old firm is good for Scotland" shtick is peddled by the Daily Old Frim Record hacks to drown out the reality is, well the opposite. Guaranteed within a season or two of Rangers getting back into the Scottish Prem they will be bleating in unison that they are to big for our game and need to play else where, until then though lets reduce the league to 10 teams cos everyone loves another old firm derby.

Absolute nonsense from Murray. If, and it's a big If, they get promoted this season, without huge investment in the squad, I think they'd struggle to finish in the Top 4. Hearts clearly have the measure of them this season, I've lost count of the number of cup canings that Utd have given them and I've spent the last 3 years praying that we got drawn against them to administer a whacking.

The bluster that they'd come up and automatically challenge Celtic is absolute garbage. I'd be willing to wager that if they come up, they won't finish as close to Celtic as whoever ends up finishing 2nd this season.

It's quite apparent that Celtic and Rangers are business partners and are effectively the same entity. Naturally, with Rangers being in Leagues 2, 1 and and Championship it is very hard to strike deals together with big companies (the Carling shirt sponsor deal a decade or so ago for example). No wonder Lawell is gasping for them to be in the Premiership next season.

Brother to the end those too. I honestly don't think there are 2 clubs as close together off the park as them.

Archived