Paul Murray on today's Sportsound.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had just posted this on the other thread. I listened to Paul Murray's interview on Sportsound earlier. Utterly delusional and clearly he's learned nothing from the last few years. Rangers will be back challenging Celtic in 2 years, Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland and need to lead the way on Scottish football, the standard of the Premiership is lower since Rangers declined (possibly because there is one less team spending money on players they can't afford) were amongst some of his claims.

His generation of Rangers fans will never change, they've been brainwashed to believe this nonsense. However I suppose they have little choice but to believe him, the alternatives are even worse.

You could tell Richard Gordon thought the interview was ridiculous, but he had to temper his comments slightly to appear unbiased. Unsurprisingly the rest of the pundits didn't seem to see anything wrong with it.

Missed it. What did he say? Or was it the way that he said it?

Never heard it either but i would imagine it went along the lines of "back where we belong", "rightful place", "WATP", "war chest", "world records". Although it was probably worse

I doubt he's delusional, more like someone who knows exactly what to say to get gullible morons to part with their money.

Getting this group of fans eating of your hands isn't exactly rocket science.

This. The new regime need bums on seats. They stand more chance of getting them if they spoon feed the hordes the shite they want to hear. It is no different from when they started their 'journey' as the new Rangers. They could have won the lower leagues with a team of (no disrespect intended as he's a good lad) Darren McGregors... but they wanted a team that had the veneer of being SPL 'name' players that actual SPL teams wanted in their own line ups.

They will never learn. They cannot shake off the 'Laudrup and Gascoigne' syndrome and the sense of entitlement. Hell mend them.

Well, the new era starts with a bang with a rip-snorting 0-0 draw against all-conquering Cowdenbeath, so I'm sure the hordes will be buoyed.

I work on Brand Street, just along from Ibrox: Friday afternoon was a revealing insight into the state of things to see steaming Union Bear-types belting out The Sash after the result of an EGM instead of a football match.

The amazing thing is that there are plenty of Rangers fans that believe the rubbish he spouted.

Indeed. There was talk recently of an English consortium actually buying St Mirren. One of their spokesmen came out with stuff like 'signing quality players', 'aiming for Europe', 'building a hotel at the stadium as its so near the airport'.

Was our overwhelming reaction 'Fcuking brilliant, bring it on, get these guys in and we'll be Scotland's solid jobby in no time!' Was it fcuk.... it was (adopts Rikki Fulton 'Supercop' persona)... Haud' oan' just a wee minute..... We could smell the bullshit a mile away. The words 'Massone', 'Romanov' and 'Mileson' still mean something to St Mirren fans.

Had just posted this on the other thread. I listened to Paul Murray's interview on Sportsound earlier. Utterly delusional and clearly he's learned nothing from the last few years. Rangers will be back challenging Celtic in 2 years, Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland and need to lead the way on Scottish football, the standard of the Premiership is lower since Rangers declined (possibly because there is one less team spending money on players they can't afford) were amongst some of his claims.

His generation of Rangers fans will never change, they've been brainwashed to believe this nonsense. However I suppose they have little choice but to believe him, the alternatives are even worse.

You could tell Richard Gordon thought the interview was ridiculous, but he had to temper his comments slightly to appear unbiased. Unsurprisingly the rest of the pundits didn't seem to see anything wrong with it.

To be fair to Tom English he did highlight the discrepency in Kings investment commitments and where that money will come from but there was an unbelievable subservience by some saying there wasn't a sign of hubris. What after saying the tribute act should be leading Scottish football, I just thought where do they want us all to go over a cliff. The fear of a backlash from these neanderthals who don't want to admit the plan failed then and its still the same flawed plan but we are in a more precarious financial situation so no one is going to be throwing money at them anytime soon. Problem as you say is there is an ingrained mentality and anyone who recalls the pre-minty era will know the likes of Murray are well aware of that but didn't like being in the pack when Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Celtic were more than capable of beating them and they played the same turgid hoofball as the present version.

This. The new regime need bums on seats. They stand more chance of getting them if they spoon feed the hordes the shite they want to hear. It is no different from when they started their 'journey' as the new Rangers. They could have won the lower leagues with a team of (no disrespect intended as he's a good lad) Darren McGregors... but they wanted a team that had the veneer of being SPL 'name' players that actual SPL teams wanted in their own line ups.

They will never learn. They cannot shake off the 'Laudrup and Gascoigne' syndrome and the sense of entitlement. Hell mend them.

Remember, it was all about setting new records on the journey, winning the leagues at a canter and at least a cup every year.

Stroll to promotion and continue as if nothing had changed lording it over all the diddy clubs and fans and rub it in everyone faces reminding us they are the people and the rest of us are beneath them while they are on top in their rightful place.

Sink us and we'll sink you.

To be fair it's no wonder they lap up the rubbish Murray Whyte Green Murray spouts about toppling Celtic in two years and being the top team in Scotland while playing Champions league etc as a quick scan around any Rangers fans on-line and you will find a large % who believe if they don't get promoted this season it will somehow be bad for the other teams who are desperate for Rangers to return, the whole of Scottish football is about to die without them as they have all the money, you really couldn't make it up and any sensible Rangers fan who tries to explain their current plight is instantly labelled with a derogatory term for a Catholic.

They have been brainwashed by years of winning and throwing around cash they couldn't afford and until they realise that Scottish football doesn't NEED them and learn to live within their means with sensible expectations I can't see anything but Liquidation 2 coming.

I doubt he's delusional, more like someone who knows exactly what to say to get gullible morons to part with their money.

Getting this group of fans eating of your hands isn't exactly rocket science.

Yes

Archived