Kilmarnock v basement side St Mirren

McGinn starting to look a shadow of the player that rag dolled Wanyama a couple of years ago. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing, but worrying all the same.

If as looking likely we do go down the whole club needs gutted from BoD to the playing squad.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee Messi now seems to actually run at the defence rather than do the whole Barry Ferguson crab like sideways movement. Much more pleasurable to watch. Was nervous seeing Ross Barbour at LB today but stuck to it well. Thought we missed O'Hara from midfield today after the performance last week but thought he did really well at RB - really assured. Hopefully he's now full of confidence and seems that Locke likes him.

Also WTF was happening when Kiltie was waiting to come on. GL was continually stroking his head on the touch line :)

McGinn starting to look a shadow of the player that rag dolled Wanyama a couple of years ago. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing, but worrying all the same.

If as looking likely we do go down the whole club needs gutted from BoD to the playing squad.

Thought McGinn looked better today, standard hasn't been high this season. What has happened to Naismith? He looks half the player he was last season. Either burnt out or low on confidence , maybe both. Same with Kelly.

Just want this season to end now :( .

Saints under Lennon would have won that today.Killie were poor but saints no better.

For us i was really happy to see Johnson and O'hara do very well which would never have happened under AJ.

For Saints I was disappointed in Gow especially.Seemed like a proper diver which he obv learned at Ibrox.He was a great player at Falkirk and went backwards since then.

As for McGinn he is a great wee player but just needs a change of club-I'd take him at Killie anytime!

i'd rather see St Mirren in SPFL than feckin Ross County!

Agree, sometimes folk boo former players for the sake of it but Dayton did us a great turn. If he'd scored today it would've been different tho.

Wee Johnston was motm by a mile. Always looking to take folk on and looks the complete opposite of the bottle merchant player earlier in the season.

Really worried for saints in the run in. They need to replace goodwin and thompson pronto.

He did hit the bar and the post.

Not bad for a team that apparently didn't deserve anything from the game.

Aside from the paranoia you get that the opposition will always nick a late winner in a game where you've not taken any of your chances, Killie didn't worry me at all.

We seem to have had a barrowload of hard luck stories this season (the two 1-0 defeats to a terrible Well side, and the 2-1 KillieCollumMagennis game particularly) and again today, could easily have taken 3, but instead took nil points.

Only 9 games left. Stating the bleeding obvious, but not only do we need to play well enough to win games.... we need to actually win them!

He did hit the bar and the post.

Not bad for a team that apparently didn't deserve anything from the game.

Aside from the paranoia you get that the opposition will always nick a late winner in a game where you've not taken any of your chances, Killie didn't worry me at all.

We seem to have had a barrowload of hard luck stories this season (the two 1-0 defeats to a terrible Well side, and the 2-1 KillieCollumMagennis game particularly) and again today, could easily have taken 3, but instead took nil points.

Only 9 games left. Stating the bleeding obvious, but not only do we need to play well enough to win games.... we need to actually win them!

Killie didn't take their chances either, goal aside.

You "could easily have taken 3 (points)"? Really? You mean if Killie hadn't taken their equally as good, if not more clean-cut, chances? Christ if that's the way you decide who should win games then any team could win any match at any time. St Mirren had the mini-stramash with Thompson, Dayton's volley off the crossbar and Dayton's shot straight at Samson as real chances. Killie had a Magennis free header, Chris Johnston's great feet before forcing Ridgers into a good save, Johnston's run straight through the defence late on and Eccleston's one-on-one when if he lifted it slightly to the right it would have went in. Killie had the better of the half chances too (the highlights back that up) so you can see why people said that Killie deserved the three points.

The facts are that your team isn't very good. That's why you're in the position you're in.

Killie didn't take their chances either, goal aside.

You "could easily have taken 3 (points)"? Really? You mean if Killie hadn't taken their equally as good, if not more clean-cut, chances? Christ if that's the way you decide who should win games then any team could win any match at any time. St Mirren had the mini-stramash with Thompson, Dayton's volley off the crossbar and Dayton's shot straight at Samson as real chances. Killie had a Magennis free header, Chris Johnston's great feet before forcing Ridgers into a good save, Johnston's run straight through the defence late on and Eccleston's one-on-one when if he lifted it slightly to the right it would have went in. Killie had the better of the half chances too (the highlights back that up) so you can see why people said that Killie deserved the three points.

The facts are that your team isn't very good. That's why you're in the position you're in.

You were at the game and thought Saints only had three chances?

Really?

You were at the game and thought Saints only had three chances?

Really?

You even highlighted what I said, but seemingly have ignored the final part - "as real chances". I also went on to say that both clubs had what I would call half-chances too. Of which IMO Killie had the better of.

So no, I didn't think that Saints only had three chances.

Really worried for saints in the run in. They need to replace goodwin and thompson pronto.

Thompson is indeed gash but Goodwin's been our best player in the last couple of months, that's 14 games without a card for him now and he's been solid and confident despite the rest of the defence being switched about all the time.

Think yesterday hammered another nail into our relegation coffin. Not over yet, but looking a huge ask now.

We're paying for the last 3 summers of poor transfer business and a woeful managerial appointment in Craig. For that alone we deserve to go down. We've have tread water for too long in this division.

Another chapter in the great Chris Johnston renaissance. Guilty of holding on to the ball too long on three or four occasions, but I'd rather have that than watch the anonymous performances he'd been turning in since Tynecastle on boxing day 13.

That's exactly the kind of game we'd have lost earlier in the season, and we've come out with the points. The turnaround since Locke has taken over, individually and collectively, has been absolutely remarkable.

Think yesterday hammered another nail into our relegation coffin. Not over yet, but looking a huge ask now.

We're paying for the last 3 summers of poor transfer business and a woeful managerial appointment in Craig. For that alone we deserve to go down. We've have tread water for too long in this division.

The 4 games against County and Well are the vital. Just now we are probably looking at having to win at least 2 of they ones.

I said to my pal I'd take a point then boom 10 seconds later Killie scored. This weekend could have been more disastrous.

Performance wasn't the worst I have seen this season. Had some dangerous attacks but I can't remember Samson having a save to make.

Archived