Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. vs Celtic F.C. // SC Semi Final

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a cop out by the SFA.

Clearly should have been banned from final as was a obvious sending off that was missed.

Lucky boy.

Sorry, what makes you the expert on these matters?

Justice prevails.

Odds on him now getting a straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play in ICT's last league game...

I'd suggest a broken leg is more likely considering that game is against Celtic.

Ross C*unty had their shot at it not one of their players turned up.

Our team, those cleared to play the match, will turn up and play. Unlike the C*unty finalists who were nowhere to be seen when they had their chance.

It must still hurt that 100 million Ross C*unty fans turned up at Hampden and their team never.

romanovpalm.png

Tonev No evidence = Guilty

Meekings evidence = Not guilty

f**k the SFA

The evidence clearly showed he never deliberately handled the ball= Not guilty.

Sorry, what makes you the expert on these matters?

Don't claim to be an expert, just have an opinion.

Although every expert opinion I have heard would agree with me that it was a sending off. Including John Hughes.

Don't claim to be an expert, just have an opinion.

Although every expert opinion I have heard would agree with me that it was a sending off. Including John Hughes.

Yogi is just a happy chappy.

Why would it be a sending off? It wasn't even a foul. As the panel said he did not deliberately stop a goal scoring opportunity.

As Ronnie Daila basically said himself, I don't think it was ever Celtic's (as a club) intention to have Meekings banned or punished in retrospect.

From what I understand, their letter to the SFA was to seek clarification why the incident was missed by both the referee and the goal line official. It would seem that all the subsequent hooha until now has still not answered their question. I may have missed it in the media, but I haven't seen any comment from either the referee or the goal line official. Surely all that would have been needed was for them to say they either didn't see it clearly enough, or they thought it wasn't deliberate?

For future situations such as this, would it not make sense to allow the officials to explain their decisions after the fact?

As Ronnie Daila basically said himself, I don't think it was ever Celtic's (as a club) intention to have Meekings banned or punished in retrospect.

From what I understand, their letter to the SFA was to seek clarification why the incident was missed by both the referee and the goal line official. It would seem that all the subsequent hooha until now has still not answered their question. I may have missed it in the media, but I haven't seen any comment from either the referee or the goal line official. Surely all that would have been needed was for them to say they either didn't see it clearly enough, or they thought it wasn't deliberate?

For future situations such as this, would it not make sense to allow the officials to explain their decisions after the fact?

I think the answer was in the statement that JM did not deliberately stop a goal scoring opportunity. No deliberate handball, no foul. Maybe the officials did see it and called it correctly?

Archived