Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. vs Celtic F.C. // SC Semi Final

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rules really need to change.

I felt that at the time, the game would have been over as a contest if Meekings had seen red and a penalty been awarded. I would like to think McLean felt the same way and chose to give him the benefit of the doubt. Think about it - McLean had little choice - it was either red card and penalty or nothing at all.

Why do we have to have that triple whammy of red card, 1 match suspension and a penalty against your side?

A penalty would have been a more than adequate punishment for ICT - remember it's supposed to be a team game.

Red cards should surely only be issued as a last resort - for violent conduct or persistent fouling. Ever since they became an automatic punishment for anyone considered to have denied "a goal scoring opportunity" the whole game at times descends to utter chaos.

Definitely time for a a complete rethink on Rule 12 - Make the punishment fit the crime.

When Luis Suarez denied a certain goal with his hand in the 2010 World Cup I seem to recall some suggesting a penalty and a sending off wasn't enough of a punishment.

I also remember Carlos Cuellar almost managing to hand Rangers a league title by handling on the line and being quite content to take a penalty and sending off rather than conceding a goal.

Called it. 8)

Just whizzed past the last three or so pages.

I fully expect Josh Meekings to be playing in the final.

This is just a farce.

The FIFA head of referees has stated the SFA are heading into choppy waters with this. The ref had a good view and gave no penalty for handball at the time and must have deemed it ball to hand at the time.

A few mugs complain to the club and the club acts and then the SFA totally fcuk it up by pandering to the mugs who couldn't take a beating.

If they are going to retrospectively punish Meekings for this then why stop there !, every incident on the park the ref never took action for could be deemed an infringement and can later be retrospectively looked at.

The SFA will look so fucking stupid if this gets overturned. And I'll expect Twatter and InYerFaceBook to be inundated with seething Celtic supporters. :lol:

I knew the appeal would be successful as it's not in the rules to retrospectively punish a handball when the ref had a clear view end off.

You know the saying that these things even out through a season, in this game it evened out over a 90 minute spell. Celtic were denied a penalty and ICT were denied a penalty... for Celtic fans here.... Zaluska punched an ICT players back sending him flying in the box quite deliberately.

Justice has prevailed and equality has been restored and there is only one person I now feel sorry for.... :(

The poor wee guy who was rubbing his hands at playing in the final taking Josh Meekings place. :lol:

It was funny watching "stonedsailor" triumphantly gloating for a few pages about how the SFA panel had ruled that it wasn't deliberate and how he was right all along, only for the SFA to release a statement saying that the appeal didn't even consider that.

It was funny watching "stonedsailor" triumphantly gloating for a few pages about how the SFA panel had ruled that it wasn't deliberate and how he was right all along, only for the SFA to release a statement saying that the appeal didn't even consider that.

I was sure someone would pull me on that before now. Results are the same regardless :D

Today Celtic get a penalty they shouldn't have, and avoid a pretty obvious red card. Complaints? Nope...You couldn't make it up :lol::lol::lol:

Those errors were not in the same ballpark as the handball/sending off that wasn't in the semi final. You don't need an explanation as to why Collum from his position thought the challenge (which incidentally should've resulted in a red) was in the penalty area.

Those errors were not in the same ballpark as the handball/sending off that wasn't in the semi final. You don't need an explanation as to why Collum from his position thought the challenge (which incidentally should've resulted in a red) was in the penalty area.

Still hurting then? That's good.

Archived