Immigration

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

freedom of movement is an utterly excellent concept.

Surely it's just a normal thing. People should be allowed to stay wherever they want in the world. As long as the people moving here are not convicted criminals then I can't see any other reason for not letting them in. Totally mental.

How many Brits live abroad again....

I was rather surprised to see a poll found about half of people in Scotland want to see immigration reduced. 15% say they want it to be stopped altogether. Thought I'd do a rather unscientific poll of the P&B loyal to see attitudes on here.

I expect at least one banning due to this thread.

I'd be interested to know whether those polled knew of the real immigration/migration figures and whether they were basing their views on what they read in popular media or what they heard from right-wing politicians.

Increase we need young people

Don't we already have loads of young people? Also, that sounds a bit creepy Saville.

What we need are some cold winters and a cut in the heating fuel allowance.

Scotland needs immigrants. Immigration in general is a huge positive for society, especially the young, well educated EU immigrants we seem to be popular with.

Increase. However, we should only let the sexy ones in. There should be a panel set up to judge impartially whether they are sexy or munters.

I'm largely in favour of immigration. I feel the country needs a larger younger population in the future to pay for my pension and public sector when I am older however I think the points based system in Australia is a model to base immigration on to encourage skilled workers to specific roles also. One thing is for sure - the NHS would be on it's knees had it not been for migrant workers and professionals so on that basis alone it's a good thing.

I'm not bothered about immigration being increased or decreased. All I'd like is for any decent people that do come here not to be pigeonholed as "TAKING BWITISH JOBS FROM BWITISH PEOPLE" by right-wing nutjobs, who moan about immigrants "coming here to claim benefits", but when they do get work, they've "stolen" it from someone born and bred here. They can't fucking win with this warped way of thinking and thankfully it's another topic which outs the racists in our country fairly easily.

I put 'don't know' but only because I believe it should be left to itself. All your other options insinuate that some action needs to be taken to control numbers.

Increase. However, we should only let the sexy ones in. There should be a panel set up to judge impartially whether they are sexy or munters.

Now this is a fine policy.

Archived