Partick Thistle v. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

A bit worried about this one after seeing PT's result today...

The week off we've had will hopefully work in our favour in so far as we'll have a full and fit squad to choose from. Warren is back from suspension and Brill should be in contention for a starting place after getting a couple of weeks worth of training under his belt. Hopefully Ofere and Kink have sharpened up a bit too in terms of getting used to our style of play and their general fitness levels.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Watkins Christie Williams

Ofere

With Dundee United labouring through another installment of their green and white nightmare next weekend it gives us a chance to consolidate third place if we win, which would take the pressure off going into the split. A win would also leave us just two points short of our record points tally in the top flight.

For PT, a win would likely secure safety unless they completely shite the bed in subsequent matches. Are you lot still on that mental run of not having consecutive results for ages?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ended when you pumped us out the cup.

However we still haven't had back to back wins since promotion or won more than one league game in a calendar month since August 2013. So there are a couple of hoodoos to be busted.

Pessimism as a Thistle fan is key now. Leads to pleasant surprises like yesterday.

Same line up as yesterday will be fine with me. Only slight dilemma is whether to opt for Doolan or Taylor. Doolan had a great game yesterday but the service was the best it's been in a long time. Taylor is great off the bench against tired legs though. Also does Seaborne make his return if fit?

Keep Doolan on and definitely keep the two CB's together they seem to be enjoying playing alongside each other and the understanding is getting better leave out big Dan. Same starting 11 but maybe change the bench a bit .

Pessimism as a Thistle fan is key now. Leads to pleasant surprises like yesterday.

Same line up as yesterday will be fine with me. Only slight dilemma is whether to opt for Doolan or Taylor. Doolan had a great game yesterday but the service was the best it's been in a long time. Taylor is great off the bench against tired legs though. Also does Seaborne make his return if fit?

Be disappointing if Archie brings Seaborne back. Conrad and Freddie look like they are beginning to form a half decent partnership (hope that doesn't come back to bite me on the bum!) Injuries permitting, he must keep the same side for next week.

I'd keep the same eleven from Saturday. Seaborne can take the bench, would be a shame to break up the Conrad/Frans partnership when they were so good against St Johnstone. Doolan also looked pretty good, and Taylor is a great option to have if we need a goal, or if we just need someone to go on and be an absolute nuisance.

I'll do what I did for the Saints and Hamilton games - expect a dreadful defeat. That seems to always go well.

Fffs. I'm fed up with his "we'll get beat" "No you'll beat us " This is going to be the big 2IAR. And we'll win 1-0 just to really annoy some people.

thats not how it works mate. We need to be really pessimistic on the pre-match thread if we want to win. 3-0 ICT

Is Higginbotham still suspended for this game after his red card against County?

Hopefully. We've looked better off without him tbh. Craigen arguably deserves another start after Saturday also.

Same 11 as Saturday. None of them did anything to warrant being dropped, and frankly the players missing out, apart from taylor, have done nothing to warrant being picked.

Still, Inverness are a good team, and although we seemed to have their number this season they did absolutely destroy us in the cup game. Hopefully if we remember to play our natural style and not hoof it long every time we can get a result.

Absolutely vital that we pick up something here, as we won't be getting anything from Celtic or Aberdeen away. If we can play like we did yesterday then we should be alright, although that isn't how it works with this thistle team, so I'm fully expecting a draw at best, or more likely 2-0 caley without them ever really getting out of first gear.

Going to watch Thistle with optimism is more often that not met with a swift reality check in the peas.

I'd take a draw here. A win and defeats for the bottom 2 would probably see us safe.

Keep the wanks out the team, fight like f**k and we have a chance.

I'm still concerned about the teams below us just because I know we have Aberdeen and Celtic away in the next two matches after this one. So not sure I'd be too happy with a draw considering how well we played on Saturday. Although, before that match if you'd offered me 4 points from 6 I'd definitely have accepted it.

Win here and avoid defeat against Motherwell before the split and we're safe. I should probably think we're safe now but every time I look at Ross County/Motherwell/St. Mirren's fixtures I just keep thinking "they'll win that". So I'm still nervous.

We're going to lose this one. Get gubbed. Horsed. Beaten comprehensively. Not turn up. Be 11 guys who've never seen a football before. We can't do back to back wins. Be back in the relegation scrap with heavy defeat. Defenders who can't defend. Anonymous midfield. Powderpuff forward line. Managers useless. Should be sacked after this game. None of players this Saturday should be here next season. Gift wrapped 3 points for the fakes. We're going down. Can't we just give the fakes the 3 points now and not play the game. We will gift the fakes as many goals as they want. We're getting humped. We don't have a chance of scoring or getting a point. Congratulations Caledonian on your win.

That should just about cover it on reverse psychology? :wacko:

Archived