'The Snip'

That's why you have to get one of those rods inserted! It's a bit of a catch 22 situation

I think that's the rule. If you refuse to have a vasectomy you'll get a steel rod shoved up your arse. At least you get a choice though.

When the conversation comes up, will you be putting yourself in the man or the shitebag category?

Doesn't sound like there is a man category just varying levels of shitebag

I can't imagine many men of that age that don't have kids would want to go through with it but then there's bound to be some.

I am one of those men. I don't want to have any children. It's strange really - I am an uncle and love my nephew to bits, I like children in general but I just don't want to have any myself. I do imagine I'll adopt when im older though. It's all a bit weird and no doubt there is some underlying issue within myself, but there you are.

As for the snip, I will probably get it done in a year or two.

Don't be too hasty, and talk to somebody.

P.S. What the fcuk do I know, ignore that.

I did. I nearly died after third. Not doing that again! She is 2 now. Im perfectly relaxed about it.

I can't wait till 20th April!

I seperated from my husband last yr. I can't use hormone based contraceptives because of my mental health issues. After nearly dying after my third I want the certainty of steralisation(or as good as). And in an unhappy coincidence my copper coil as it turned out caused pid and I spent the weekend there hooked up to an iv drip.

Oh and my current boyfriends had the snip!

But apart from that...

I am one of those men. I don't want to have any children. It's strange really - I am an uncle and love my nephew to bits, I like children in general but I just don't want to have any myself. I do imagine I'll adopt when im older though. It's all a bit weird and no doubt there is some underlying issue within myself, but there you are.

As for the snip, I will probably get it done in a year or two.

I always thought like that and was pretty adamant that I was never going to have kids. for whatever reason i had a change of heart when I was 35. Love being a dad now. only downside is when my 4 year old tells me 'No-one ever listens to you dad'. :(

Getting this done under general wouldn't phase me as already had an op where my scrotum was sliced open and raided, awake though? Fucking hell.

After reading this thread I'm going gay. Can freely dump my muck in any man without fear.

My own post from almost exactly a year ago:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/100051-pregnancy-and-parenting/page-244

OK, so on Saturday morning I went in for my vasectomy. In terms of what happened and so on, I think it would be right for me just to be straight and honest.

Arrived at the hospital on tine (8.30 on Saturday morning). The nurse told my wife I'd be 45 mins to an hour, so the wife went shopping and left me to it. Got changed in to a gown and then a nurse took me to a room to ask me some basic questions (have you eaten today, have you had diarrhea in the last week, have you ever had scrotum surgery, etc.). Then back to the waiting room for a while before being taken in.

In the room was a bed I hopped up on. The doctor, Mr Taylor, went over a few things (it's irreversible, you may experience bruising or swelling, it may get infected, etc.). Then I lay back and it started. One nurse covered me in iodine (stomach, legs, twig and berries - all over). Two nurses stayed at the top end to talk to me while the doctor and other nurse went to work.

Mr Taylor strated on the right. He felt around for the tubes and injected the anaesthetic. Like the dentist, this was the worst bit - a wee scratch. I felt a little tugging in the groin as he worked, but the two nurses did a good job of keeping my mind off it. At one stage I looked down and saw him putting in the stitches.

Then he moved to the other side and same again, the sore jab. This time, though, it was sore when he started work so I needed a top up of the anaesthetic. Squirming in my seat now thinking about that. It was the worst bit. All in all, took about 10 minutes each side. Then they cleaned me up, put a swab over the bawbag and left me for 10 minutes. A nurse brought me a cup of coffee and I sat waiting. Then the nurse checked my wounds and I got dressed and could leave. All in all 1 hour 10 minutes, of which 20 were spent having it done.

I felt absolutely fine afterwards. Left the hospital with my wife and we even did a little shopping. About 2 hours later the aching started and I took some ibuprofen. For the rest of the weekend, and even now, I was a little slow to move. It was sorest when I bent down or bent back.

I got a letter home with me and have to produce a "sample" in 12 weeks. The letter states, in black and white, "you should have intercourse as often as possible to expel any remaining sperm". I showed my wife this letter, and tonight will frame it above the bed.

Sunday morning the wife woke me up to see if things were functioning. Then came the most pathetic excuse for sex ever. It was painful to thrust or move, and I had to set the really slow pace. Like mice having sex I suppose, and I was genuinely worried about finishing. I needn't have been though. Plumbing works fine. Once the sore nuts subsides business as normal will resume.

So all in all, the procedure was fine, most of saturday was fine. Sunday was like this: