Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what everyones thoughts on the lineup for next week then?

1. Marshall/Gordon

2. Hutton

3. Robertson

4. Greer

5. Martin

6.Adam/D.Fletcher/Morrison

8. Brown

11. Anya

7. Maloney

10. Naimsith

9. S.Fletcher

Reckon GS will go with Marshall, however both keepers are competent and are as good as each other. Not sure who he'll partner Brown in midfield with. Adam showed last night he is a great passer of the ball, but we need him covering ground and making tackles in this game, and after that Wales games *shudders* I don't know if I trust him again yet. Fletch and Morrison are probably all round a better option. The 3 in behind the striker are pretty much nailed on and I can't see by Fletcher starting up front.

So what everyones thoughts on the lineup for next week then?

1. Marshall/Gordon

2. Hutton

3. Robertson

4. Greer

5. Martin

6.Adam/D.Fletcher/Morrison

8. Brown

11. Anya

7. Maloney

10. Naimsith

9. S.Fletcher

Reckon GS will go with Marshall, however both keepers are competent and are as good as each other. Not sure who he'll partner Brown in midfield with. Adam showed last night he is a great passer of the ball, but we need him covering ground and making tackles in this game, and after that Wales games *shudders* I don't know if I trust him again yet. Fletch and Morrison are probably all round a better option. The 3 in behind the striker are pretty much nailed on and I can't see by Fletcher starting up front.

I reckon morrison will play beside brown. Team probably picks itself. Is hanley injured?

I reckon morrison will play beside brown. Team probably picks itself. Is hanley injured?

Yeah, think he picked an injury up at the end of the season. If Mulgrew had a little more game time, there could be an argument to put him in beside Martin. However, Greer has always done a job when asked to.

Martin/Berra/Hutton/Whittaker have all had game time recently, they were rested last night which makes me think that'll be our starting back 4. Sort of hope Robertson plays though.

In midfield I think we will just do our usual tbh. Anya was just getting a run out last night. Naismith got some game time as he hasn't played in a while too. Funny feeling Ritchie might get played though..

Uptop I think it's a stick on that Fletcher will play.

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Berra

Whittaker/Robertson

Morrison

Brown

Maloney

Naismith

Anya

Fletcher

Nailed on team I reckon.

Hopefully Ireland get hammered on Sunday by England. Knock their confidence a wee bit.

Declined a chance to go as I didn't fancy sitting in the home end myself, will likely regret that closer to kick off.

The way Strachan's been talking about Mulgrew recently I think he's very keen to start him. Understandable given how well he played in the reverse fixture, but obviously there's concerns about his fitness. He seems to like Ritchie aswell but that would edge out Naismith you'd imagine. I can never guess his lineups so I suppose there's not much point in trying, I'm just glad we have a better manager than them.

I think Charlie Adam has got a bit more quality than anyone else in the squad, i suppose you could call him a luxury player seeing as he is not the most mobile but he can produce a spectacular pass or shot out nowhere at any giving time and for that reason i would play him against Ireland, it is going to be a really tight game and one moment of quality can win us it.

I've got a sinking feeling he's going to go with Mulgrew alongside Martin rather than in the midfield with Brown. I hope I'm wrong about that though. Also have a little doubt in my mind about whether he'll play Robertson or not.

I've got a sinking feeling he's going to go with Mulgrew alongside Martin rather than in the midfield with Brown. I hope I'm wrong about that though. Also have a little doubt in my mind about whether he'll play Robertson or not.

I don't think Robertson will play. He didn't play that much toward the end of the season so you would have imagined he would have been given some time on Friday if he was starting this week

In the home game against ROI Mulgrew was due to play left back. Changed because Morrison was ill otherwise Robertson wouldn`t have played.

Wouldn`t be astonished to see Mulgrew at LB and Morrson as holding mid though Mulgrew`s lack of game time of late might count against him

Archived