Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone any knowledge of travel from the airport to the centre? 5 of us travelling and thinking it might be just as cheap getting a taxi. The bus is 7euro per person. Just looking for some advice.

If there are more than two people, then yes I would recommend sharing a taxi.

Buses are handy enough, taxis easier & more convienient, no real difference in price.

Thursday, Kirkcaldy-Inverkeithing-Edinburgh-Ryanair-Dublin-Aircoach-Tram-Red Coo Moran.

Friday, Red Coo-Micky Dees (wee spot of breckie)-Tram-City Ctr-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-pub-Tram- Red coo

Saturday, Red Coo-Micky Dees (wee spot of breckie)-Tram-City Ctr-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub- GAME -Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-pub-Tram- Red coo.

Sunday Red Coo-Airport-Edinburgh-home.

Did I miss anything? :)

Trying to treat this one like any other Scotland away game as going in hope more than expectation, Damn you Strach for giving us a bit of optimism.

Thursday, Kirkcaldy-Inverkeithing-Edinburgh-Ryanair-Dublin-Aircoach-Tram-Red Coo Moran.

Friday, Red Coo-Micky Dees (wee spot of breckie)-Tram-City Ctr-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-pub-Tram- Red coo

Saturday, Red Coo-Micky Dees (wee spot of breckie)-Tram-City Ctr-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub- GAME -Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-Pub-pub-Tram- Red coo.

Sunday Red Coo-Airport-Edinburgh-home.

Did I miss anything? :)

Trying to treat this one like any other Scotland away game as going in hope more than expectation, Damn you Strach for giving us a bit of optimism.

Dinnae do aircoach tram combo to red coo. You'll be ages. If you haven't booked your bus yet, and there's more than just you, you'll find a taxi takes about 15 minutes. Bus /tram could be two hours depending on connections.

(Check with the red cow, see if they do airport transfers)

^^ Not going to be able to walk let alone make the game :lol::thumsup2

In fairness, my experience of Dublin suggests that in at least every second pub he'll either a) be unable to pick his way to the bar or b) decide to go elsewhere upon discovering that the Stella is six Euros a pint. So at a pub-crawl-standard one pint per venue that's only seven pints per outing.

Anyone any knowledge of travel from the airport to the centre? 5 of us travelling and thinking it might be just as cheap getting a taxi. The bus is 7euro per person. Just looking for some advice.

Will cost you about 20/25 euro in a taxi. Might work out slighty more expensive than the bus but far more convenient.

Not alot of people thinking Morrison will start but I can't think of a single competitive game where he hasn't (when available).Like him or not he is one of first names on sheet in Strachans eyes and ill be surprised if he doesn't start.

The only ifs/buts will be in defence and concerning Greer/Berra and Whittaker/Robertson/Forsyth

The front four of S.Fletcher, Anya, Naismith, Maloney are nailed on starters.

As are Brown and Morrison in central/defensive midfield.

Theres a bus stop a few mins walk from the terminal that local buses use and it costs 2.5 euros,as usual the official airport service is a rip off,just ask local where its at they all use it ;)

Not alot of people thinking Morrison will start but I can't think of a single competitive game where he hasn't (when available).Like him or not he is one of first names on sheet in Strachans eyes and ill be surprised if he doesn't start.

The only ifs/buts will be in defence and concerning Greer/Berra and Whittaker/Robertson/Forsyth

The front four of S.Fletcher, Anya, Naismith, Maloney are nailed on starters.

As are Brown and Morrison in central/defensive midfield.

Morrison could play instead of Maloney. Alternatively, he could go in beside Brown with Mulgrew at the back.

I would be tempted to bring Darren Fletcher back in though - Mulgrew at the back, Fletcher and Brown in the middle and Morrison right side of the 3 behind Fletcher.

Archived