The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Both the players we signed today seem to have good pedigree, but we have a dreadful record in the English market in recent years so it's important not to get carried away. We could easily be ending up with another Sean Clohessy and Barry Nicholson. The signing of Dicker isn't make or break because we have plenty of bodies to play in there, but Hodson really has to be good or we're stuck playing out the rest of the season with centre-halves or midfielders at full-back.

An 18-month deal, with the option for a further year.

MK Dons right-back Lee Hodson joining on a six-month loan deal too.

The common denominator here is Peter Leven. Leven knows Hodson from his time at MK, and knew Dicker after having played against him in England and being impressed. If you add in Jim Mann's MK Dons connections (they even host the Jim and Gwen Mann Challenge Cup every year...) then it makes sense as to why we can still get these deals through as Locke wasn't likely to be involved anyway.

Also given how quickly the Billy Davies talks 'leaked', you have to assume we'll be doing these deals in conjunction with him.

On the flip side we could further assume that Davis is a no go due to Forrest wanting a fee or refusing to release him from his contract... these 2 guys were touted about way before Locke left,,,, lets just hope the board haven't signed them as a panic measure because GL targeted them prior to his departure.

The boy Sawers making his TV debut on the late show tonight.

Ewan Cameron and that bawheid on the same program has got to be some kind of TV help.

He usually wears Killie pyjamas or something mental like that. I wonder if he'll dress up and get a nice blue and white striped suit for the occasion?

Regarding Dicker for Carlisle. He didn't play to much when he signed in 2014. Dosnt really chip in with goals and when first time took a liking to him he got released and now Carlisle have brought in a player on loan. His last game against Everton he got taken off at half time.

He struggled to get a game for Carlisle.

Good pedigree? Rubbish

Many times have you watched him play? Genuine question.

Dundee are a level above Kilmarnock so I'm happy with your castoffs or not good enoughs.

On a more serious note Kane Hemmings struggled to get a game for Sevco in L2 or perform but has done very well for Dundee.

Almost every player a Scottish club buys is a gamble and/or not good enough for someone else.

A good pedigree however which was said by craigkillie however is not true at all. Not since he is 31 and struggling to get a game for a team. Is why he is now trying his luck in Scotland. Hemmings is only 23 so still plenty time for him. Again my opinion. :-)

Gary dicker is 29 not 31.

Guys, we have to treat G_Man1985's opinions with the respect they deserve; absolutely none.

For a start, he played two seasons in the Championship with Brighton, making over 40 appearances, and was never loaned out anywhere. He also appeared in 27 of Carlisle's 34 matches this season (20 starts), which is a hell of a high number for a guy who is "struggling to get a game".

Essentially, every single thing he said there is inaccurate, which is pretty much par for the course from him.

Guys, we have to treat G_Man1985's opinions with the respect they deserve; absolutely none.

For a start, he played two seasons in the Championship with Brighton, making over 40 appearances, and was never loaned out anywhere. He also appeared in 27 of Carlisle's 34 matches this season (20 starts), which is a hell of a high number for a guy who is "struggling to get a game".

Essentially, every single thing he said there is inaccurate, which is pretty much par for the course from him.

At least G-Man builds some random humour and patter into his posts instead of being a fact based bore-a-thon like your goodse...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I reckon even the best comedians in the world would struggle to make much capital out of a "Does Gary Dicker have good pedigree?" discussion.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

I'm just wondering how you rate Gary Dicker.

"I'm just wondering how you rate Gary Dicker" who?

No, I'm asking your opinion on him.

I don't get it mate.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To discuss Gary Dicker's footballing pedigree on an internet forum.

How many Gary Dickers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Only 1, but DIY skills aren't really relevant to football.

At least G-Man builds some random humour and patter into his posts instead of being a fact based bore-a-thon like your goodse...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I personally find craigkillie's dry take-downs of people rather amusing.

Then again I'm a c**t, so maybe he should try taking tips from other guys who "build some random humour and patter into his posts" on the forum. Such as this guy:

Ally mccoist with maybe Hitler as his assistant would sound right for the killie board, maybe small pox could run the youth programme

Patter overload.

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg

I reckon even the best comedians in the world would struggle to make much capital out of a "Does Gary Dicker have good pedigree?" discussion.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

I'm just wondering how you rate Gary Dicker.

"I'm just wondering how you rate Gary Dicker" who?

No, I'm asking your opinion on him.

I don't get it mate.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To discuss Gary Dicker's footballing pedigree on an internet forum.

How many Gary Dickers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Only 1, but DIY skills aren't really relevant to football.

Gary Dicker walks into a bar.

Barman says, "How many appearances, starts or off the bench, did you make for Carlisle this season, Gary?"

Gary Dicker walks out of the bar.

*are*

I think it's you that is incorrect. I don't think the mentality of both combined deserved to be labelled as a plural verb instead of singularly.

I apologise if you have not came across either regularly.