The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Craig Slater signs for Colchester Utd. Turned down Kilmarnocks offer but did nearly change his mind at the last minute. Joined up with a pal of his Denny Johnstone at Colchester. Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Blackpool all had discussions but for what ever reason he has signed for league 2 Colchester. Its a shame as the lad has bags of talent and would of got far more exposure at an Aberdeen or Hearts.

at least he got himself a club. guys like murray davidson, paul mcgowan and balotoni have all whored themselves to clubs down there and then had to come back up the road with their tail between their legs when no-one wanted them :lol:

1 hour ago, cowboy said:

at least he got himself a club. guys like murray davidson, paul mcgowan and balotoni have all whored themselves to clubs down there and then had to come back up the road with their tail between their legs when no-one wanted them :lol:

Paul McGowan was out of contract for a total of two days and stayed up here to be with his son. 

:lol:

While Murray Davidson refused to entertain clubs below League One. Not sure seeing one of your most talented youngsters leaving the club and ending up at a side in Englands lowest tier is something worth bragging about tbh.

Any info on Ross Barbour? I see he made over 50 appearances for yourselves. Signed for Stranraer tonight.

Looked a very promising attacking right back when he broke into first team under Shiels but it went stale for him before long and he became utterly hopeless, a defensive liability. It was the right move for him to leave and I was intrigued when he signed for Kirky Rob Roy. Might come good if his spell in the Juniors has gotten him hungry again, but if he picks up where he left off with Killie you'll shite yourself every time a winger runs at him.

11 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Craig Slater signs for Colchester Utd. Turned down Kilmarnocks offer but did nearly change his mind at the last minute. Joined up with a pal of his Denny Johnstone at Colchester. Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Blackpool all had discussions but for what ever reason he has signed for league 2 Colchester. Its a shame as the lad has bags of talent and would of got far more exposure at an Aberdeen or Hearts.

Aberdeen and Hearts weren't willing to stump up the cash to pay us, while Colchester were.

Edited by craigkillie

It looks like we might still be adding at least one more player to the squad, LC has hinted that 19 yr old,Adam Armstrong, is about to come in on a season long loan from Newcastle, 20 goals in 32 games on loan to Coventry last season  :thumsup2

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Speaking of terrible fullbacks, where did Darryl Westlake eventually end up? We seemed to release him without announcement.

I'm pretty sure he left the same time as Hamill and the legend that is Scott Robinson. 

It looks like we might still be adding at least one more player to the squad, LC has hinted that 19 yr old,Adam Armstrong, is about to come in on a season long loan from Newcastle, 20 goals in 32 games on loan to Coventry last season  :thumsup2

Would be a tremendous signing. Won't happen IMO

It's been rumoured / reported that we've been after Armstrong for a while now. If we sign him I will predict he'll score some goals for us. I will not predict how many goals, nor what impact those goals would have on our league position, but still, yeah, goals.

It's been rumoured / reported that we've been after Armstrong for a while now. If we sign him I will predict he'll score some goals for us. I will not predict how many goals, nor what impact those goals would have on our league position, but still, yeah, goals.

All bases covered there then.

Sent from my hairy sphincter!

Have Killie played any friendlies yet, and are there hints of what the manager might think his first XI is?  It's probably too early to tell yet, but  I'm interested to see what experience will be in the team.

I'm guessing the following will probably be first picks at the start of the season:

• Jamie MacDonald
  • Miles Addison
  • Conrad Balatoni
  • Steven Smith
  • Gary Dicker
  • Kallum Higginbotham
  • Josh Magennis

And out of those, I'm guessing MacDonald, Addison, Dicker and Magennis are the guaranteed starters.

When listing it out there is more experience in the squad than I initially wondered, but it still seems to me to be a huge gamble to bring in so many inexperienced players.  Ross County did it slightly differently two years ago, but there were between four to six players who regularly started at the beginning of that season who had no experience of Scottish football, and boy did it show.  They might turn out to be really good signings, but I can't help but think the younger players are going to take a while to get to speed with the game,.  I'm not sure this season's Premiership will afford much time to settle before falling behind the pack.  Unless Hamilton and another are complete guff.

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Have Killie played any friendlies yet, and are there hints of what the manager might think his first XI is?  It's probably too early to tell yet, but  I'm interested to see what experience will be in the team.

I'm guessing the following will probably be first picks at the start of the season:

• Jamie MacDonald
  • Miles Addison
  • Conrad Balatoni
  • Steven Smith
  • Gary Dicker
  • Kallum Higginbotham
  • Josh Magennis

And out of those, I'm guessing MacDonald, Addison, Dicker and Magennis are the guaranteed starters.

When listing it out there is more experience in the squad than I initially wondered, but it still seems to me to be a huge gamble to bring in so many inexperienced players.  Ross County did it slightly differently two years ago, but there were between four to six players who regularly started at the beginning of that season who had no experience of Scottish football, and boy did it show.  They might turn out to be really good signings, but I can't help but think the younger players are going to take a while to get to speed with the game,.  I'm not sure this season's Premiership will afford much time to settle before falling behind the pack.  Unless Hamilton and another are complete guff.

No friendlies played yet. Higginbotham and Balatoni are still at the club technically, but they've been told to find new clubs, so we must assume they'll be away before the league games start.