The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Higginbotham has dropped into the seaside leagues. One year deal with the Pars.

Could/ should do well at that level.

Does this free up cash for Clark to make another signing?

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Higgy's success or failure will hinge entirely upon whether he can be arsed. He's just that type of player.

Re: finance, I dunno. *shrugs*

On 18/07/2016 at 15:38, jagfox99 said:

Re signings, Clark isn't actively looking for new players but open if anyone pops up:

Squad player, you can see the esteem that he's held in within the dressing room - I think that's why Clark was so consistent in talking him up in his dealings with the press.

Reckon he's being groomed for a coaching/mentoring position. His experience and reputation could be invaluable with such a young group of players.

Still think he is capable of scoring goals provided with the right service.

Agreed. 4 goals in the last 6 games of last season.

He should be playing these league cup games. Lower league opposition that he hopefully would do better against

Again agreed. He's on 97 goals for the club - and by my reckoning he's aiming to be the first player to hit the century since Eddie Morrison about 40 years ago. I'll be absolutely gutted if he doesn't get the chance of making it.

52 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Again agreed. He's on 97 goals for the club - and by my reckoning he's aiming to be the first player to hit the century since Eddie Morrison about 40 years ago. I'll be absolutely gutted if he doesn't get the chance of making it.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't do it this season. at the East Kilbride U20 game he was coaching alongside Paul Stephenson and was doing a pretty decent job of it from what I saw. I know he's been doing coaching stuff with the youths for a while now but he's definitely a good player to have in the squad, I'd absolutely have him on my bench for coming on to get late goals. 

I'll be surprised if he doesn't do it this season. at the East Kilbride U20 game he was coaching alongside Paul Stephenson and was doing a pretty decent job of it from what I saw. I know he's been doing coaching stuff with the youths for a while now but he's definitely a good player to have in the squad, I'd absolutely have him on my bench for coming on to get late goals. 

Don't think he's ever been much of an "impact" player coming off the bench. I'd rather start him and hopefully get a good hour out of him. As much as I like Josh he's not a natural finisher so we would be relying heavily on Coulibaly to provide the goals.

I said it a few weeks ago but I think we need to start with Boyd in between Coubilay and Josh similar to the Tope, Boyd, Josh front 3 that played the Falkirk game.

Of course though Clark is actually a football manager and not just firing out nonsense on pie and bovril so he will know best.

11 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Boyd can't play every game, he will be used sparingly but at his age that's probably the way to go. Will be a great asset in the changing room no matter what

He's only 32, for a guy that really doesn't exert much energy he should be very capable of playing 60 mins every week.

3 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Boyd's legs have gone, he's done as a first choice top flight striker. Would keep him around though, and I'm sure he can get at least three this season!

Should give him a good shout of being top scorer at RP again this season ;)

Mark O'Hara has played two games and been an absolute star in both. Feel like this could be a big mistake from Killie letting him go. Been a revelation at Cm. Absolute powerhouse. Can only hope he keeps it up.

Mark O'Hara has played two games and been an absolute star in both. Feel like this could be a big mistake from Killie letting him go. Been a revelation at Cm. Absolute powerhouse. Can only hope he keeps it up.

Don't jinx it.