The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The Killie Trust now, officially, has a fans director on the board........

Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce that Cathy Jamieson has joined the Board of Directors.

A lifelong Kilmarnock fan, Cathy will join the Board as a Director after The Kilmarnock Supporters Society Ltd (The Killie Trust) reached their £100,000 funding target through the Trust in Killie initiative.

This appointment represents a milestone moment for Kilmarnock FC, further strengthening the bond between supporters and the club and ensuring the views and skills of fans can be utilised to help the club to thrive.

Directors John Kiltie, Billy Bowie, Bill White and Phyllis McLeish are delighted to welcome Cathy on board as we look ahead to an exciting new season.

Cathy enjoyed a career in politics, serving as an MSP and Cabinet Minister in Holyrood, and MP for Kilmarnock and Loudoun and a Shadow Treasury Minister in Westminster. 

Outside of her passion for Kilmarnock FC and Auchinleck Talbot, Cathy has long been a champion for young people, dedicating her time to social work and Who Cares? Scotland, the advocacy organisation for young people in care. 

She currently holds the position of Chief Executive of Care Visions Children’s Services, which provides residential and foster care placements for vulnerable young people across Scotland. 

Cathy said: "I am delighted to be joining the Board at such an exciting time for Kilmarnock FC. I look forward to working with the club and the Trust to ensure fans have a voice and that we further develop links with the local community and fans of the future."

Director John Kiltie said: "From the list of high calibre candidates, selected by the Trust Board, whom we interviewed for the position, it was a unanimous decision to appoint Cathy. She has a vast knowledge of community issues and business both locally and nationally; we are confident in our selection and welcome Cathy on to the board of Kilmarnock Football Club."

Killie Trust Chair Jim Thomson said: "This is a truly historic day in the lifetime of the Kilmarnock Supporters Trust.

"The commitment and vision of the Killie supporters who have subscribed to the ‘Trust in Killie’ initiative have given us this important and vital voice and I’d like to thank them once again. They have recognised that we cannot rely on a few individuals to sustain the club we all love and have created a long-term revenue stream to help ensure it will prosper for generations to come.

"Cathy was the unanimous choice of all Trust Directors to be the voice of our supporters. 

"We now look forward to a positive working relationship with the KFC Board of Directors on all issues to move our great club forward as it approaches its 150th anniversary."

On 5/30/2018 at 14:57, Yenitit said:

Not sure about that. Thought him and Stevenson were poor for that level. The keeper was worse tho. 

I only saw the first half to be fair. He did make a few decent overlapping runs that were just ignored by mclean. First game so can't judge to much, he's one of very few options at RB at the moment. Paterson can play there and i think Ralston isn't ready. 

Did you know that Stephen O'Donnell has more key passes than Tom Rogic, Scott Sinclair or Stuart Armstrong this season?

Or that Greg Taylor's crossing is more accurate than Kieran Tierney's over the past league campaign?
http://bit.ly/2soffHe

Of course not, the tiny half inch space the tabloids give teams out with the ugly sisters means we’re oblivious to these facts.

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

What the f**k is a fan zone?  Is it just a bar?  Christ, I'm too young to be the oldest man in the world.

This is the thing, no-one really knows. I expect there will be a bar, but my thinking is it'll be a family based thing, facepainting, beat the goalie, stalls maybe. Like a mini open day every game.

3 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

This is the thing, no-one really knows. I expect there will be a bar, but my thinking is it'll be a family based thing, facepainting, beat the goalie, stalls maybe. Like a mini open day every game.

What a fucking monstrosity - might be teetering on the border of "Ah'll no be back" country.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

What the f**k is a fan zone?  Is it just a bar?  Christ, I'm too young to be the oldest man in the world.

It's the area immediately behind the Moffat stand, within the community dept area, some of the ideas being suggested include themed pre match food, drink & entertainment. The street pitch has already been installed & is proving popular already.  I'd imagine it will be a small scale US tailgate party type thing.

It's the area immediately behind the Moffat stand, within the community dept area, some of the ideas being suggested include themed pre match food, drink & entertainment. The street pitch has already been installed & is proving popular already.  I'd imagine it will be a small scale US tailgate party type thing.

I’ve said for a long time that some kind of social area behind the Moffat is a good idea. The whole “fan zone” idea does sound a bit EPL’y but the premise of somewhere for kids and families to gather is a good thing.

Charge u12s £5 walkup and throw in some free food for them to keep encouraging them to come.

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I have it on good authority that SOD is starting against Mexico later tonight...... 

Top lad, he got my mate a free hospitality ticket  for the game last night/ this morning. Couldn’t get him on the team coach though...