The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We took a gamble on Joe Wright's fitness last year and that worked out, I think you can afford to have one or two of these types of players. Magennis is better than what we could expect to sign if we were focusing on guys with perfect fitness records, so sometimes you have to take a chance.

I think people are slightly exaggerating exactly how good he is though, in terms of ability he's a good Premiership midfielder, not a potential Scotland player or anything like that.

On 18/06/2023 at 18:37, Hendo said:

Killie fans on here are notoriously touchy. After I pointed out at the start of last season that their squad was shite and they'd be in for a relegation battle, they spent all season calling me weird and saying Killie lived rent free in my head, and bizarrely, every time they won a game, posted comments like "pray for hendo", which kind of proved that, ironically, it was me living rent free in their head.

Their behaviour could be perhaps more understandable if I'd said anything controversial, but I didn't; their squad was shite and a relegation battle did follow.

Just be careful ric, you might become their new obsession.

To be completely fair, you ARE weird and Killie DO live rent free in your head. HTH. 

On 19/06/2023 at 14:29, craigkillie said:

I think people are slightly exaggerating exactly how good he is though, in terms of ability he's a good Premiership midfielder, not a potential Scotland player or anything like that.

Without his injuries I think he could've kicked on and had as good a career as the likes of Kenny McLean, albeit they're different players.

Getting into the midfield in the current Scotland team would be a tall ask for anyone right now. But I'm confident he had the potential to be better than just a 'good Premiership midfielder'.

Hopefully he can stay injury free with you as the lad has had such rotten luck.

Hopefully he can get over the many, many injuries he's had. I've no doubt that if he'd been fit and available more, Hibs would have been looking at him going the Kevin Nisbet route to the Championship and we'd have been sitting on a decent chunk of sell on cash.

As it stands though, I honestly think he'd have been too big a risk for us to take currently. 

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know absolutely nothing about him which can only be a bad sign but we are apparently about to sign Liam Donnelly. What's he like?

Hes a fairly average premiership centre-mid. If you can keep him fit, he's a decent player to have, but for us, he struggled to put together any consistent runs in the team..  

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know absolutely nothing about him which can only be a bad sign but we are apparently about to sign Liam Donnelly. What's he like?

Absolutely shite. Slow, always injured, doesn’t track players in the middle of the park, takes too long on the ball… the list goes on. 

He does occasionally look decent, but those times are really really few and far between. I’d be delighted if he went to you. 

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thank feck for that, there was an ominous rumour St Mirren were in for him.

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A petulant fucking child who will not fight. Be prepared to watch goals go in as he sits on his arse looking for a foul from some point in the previous minute’s play.

Edited by mathematics

• 3 weeks later...