The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just now, Nadroj said:

Nah, I doubt it. It’ll be a 3 at the back with Deas central to that I’d imagine. 

You think?

Hes very much a poor fit for that role IMO, which is why ICT played him at left back.

Not sure Findlay fits as a central CB either, in a 3.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

Hes very much a poor fit for that role IMO, which is why ICT played him at left back.

Would be very on brand for McInnes to shoehorn him in there. We have signed Ndaba who will probably play LCB and LB when needed. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

Fwiw Deas is playing centre of a back 3 today 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think?

I'd be signing the baby seagull, put in some shift up n down the left the whole of the 2nd half.

How'd you boys fare anyway?

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Fwiw Deas is playing centre of a back 3 today 

How did he get on?

18 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

How'd you boys fare anyway?

I mean, ill just make this clear to save us both time, im fully prepared for us to be relegated by about March. Our midfield today was playing in the 3rd tier or lower last season and the only real improvement we can make in there is Cammy MacPherson. 

Trying to wind Saints fans up about how shit we are is going to be next to pointless this season as we're all aware how its going to pan out.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How did he get on?

Aye he was absolutely fine to be fair. Annan offered very, very little and we were as comfortable as could be. Ndaba and Sanders either side of him were pushing on a fair bit more in attack whilst he sat back. Won a fair few headers against Tommy Goss (who’s a big boy) and dealt with most things well. There were a couple of moments early on where our defence were sleeping a bit, but nothing that I would necessarily blame on him. 

Was interesting that he was replaced by Findlay who also slotted into the centre of the back 3, until the sending off. I’d imagine Findlay, once up to speed, will take the place of Ndaba which might be harsh cos the big guy looked pretty comfortable and well suited to the role. 

Edited by Nadroj

1 hour ago, olliethedug said:

Obviously in need of the blue and white pound mate. 😉

Hopefully we've got a sell on clause. You just know that he's going to  score from a set piece against us.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Hopefully we've got a sell on clause. You just know that he's going to  score from a set piece against us.

As much as I would love Mayo to get the winner against your lot on the opening day, that stuff doesn't seem to happen to us anymore.

Knowing our luck, he's more likely to be the Killie player the ref decides to send off in a 'harsh decision' and/or be the one to give away your obligatory 'penalty to rangers'.

29 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Kian Leslie from your youth team has joined us on loan until January, anyone know what he’s like? 

He’s absolutely fucking tiny, like… seriously wee. 

He’s only ever played for our reserves + u18s side, but I’ve saw him a few times and he’s always been pretty good. Quite a direct and tricky wee guy, but I’d imagine he might get roughed up a little in L2. 

17 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Watkins is a good pick-up for you guys, I reckon, as long as he stays relatively fit. I would have been happy enough to keep him at Pittodrie for another season. Clever player. 

Happy enough with him signing and he'll give Armstrong a bit of competition as we've now got someone to keep him on his toes, he can slot in anywhere along the frontline if needed to.

10 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Happy enough with him signing and he'll give Armstrong a bit of competition as we've now got someone to keep him on his toes, he can slot in anywhere along the frontline if needed to.

He divided opinion amongst our fans, but I thought he was an intelligent and unselfish player, even if I would have liked him to score more goals given the positions he found himself in. I thought his hold-up play was undervalued at times, too. 

McInnes gets a bit of stick from our fans for lazy recruitment, and there maybe is a grain of truth in it, but I remember thinking that Kennedy and Watkins would both be smart signings for any team outside last season's top five when their contracts expired, so I'd probably put these two more in the 'no-brainer' category for him. 

Alright folks, hope it’s all good to share this on here. I had Robbie Deas on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Speaks about signing for Killie and his aims for the new season. Any feedback or shares on social media which is @HeadItPodcast massively appreciated, hope you all enjoy👍🏻

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NX4nOxmIsQ

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1ApxmBdCcBdpV06MFKeeQ7?si=yRo8ZTdPQUi7dtGJQhxsJg

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-catch-up-with-robbie-deas/id1570371231?i=1000622144269

Cheers

Ross