The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's a brilliant signing when on form but never suited the direct style Derek wanted to play.

He played off the striker for us too. Just never clicked.

He got a move to the rangers after his spell at Aberdeen. Dont think he could have been that bad… though the rangers did have budget issues…

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So why is everyone saying your front two will be Stewart and Watkins?

Vassell needs time to recover from a long term injury, he's been having injections at times to play.

Delighted with this signing. Not even taking into account the centre forward position we have lots of creativity with GMS, Kennedy, Armstrong and now Stewart.

For me I’ve been backing Vassell up to some extent pointing out the hassle he causes defenders however he isn’t fully firing every game so just being able to rotate him or get him a bit of rest would be good. Don’t want him completely dropped if he is fit but Watkins and Stewart sounds great to me.

9 hours ago, flood said:

He got a move to the rangers after his spell at Aberdeen. Dont think he could have been that bad… though the rangers did have budget issues…

Regardless of how he played for us, he was still a good player.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is this purely because you need a striker (any striker) or is it because he has played really well? 

He's been very good for them by all accounts

I loved Greg Stewart in his first stint with Killie and was gutted when he left in the January window. Look forward to seeing him play again. 

Wasn’t that bothered about tomorrow’s game, having recently witnessed the same fixture, but now can’t wait.

Edited by mathematics

If Wales has any realistic chance of actually making it with us, I think we need to be looking at a loan in the Championship rather than League 1. His goal return in League 1 was hardly amazing but he seemed to be coming on to a game, so hopefully he can take that up a level.

Wales has been excellent for us and even before he started his three in three goal scoring run you could see there was a really good player there.

Very exciting to watch as he is direct, quick and an excellent dribbler, now he has got the goals as well, will only help his confidence.

I am obviously biased but think at 18 regular football in League 1 with us will only make him better. If he went to a Championship team might struggle to get as many starts.

Stevie May was on loan at us in League 2 and Ross Stewart in League 1 and both have gone onto good careers.

Edited by Magic Hat

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If Wales has any realistic chance of actually making it with us, I think we need to be looking at a loan in the Championship rather than League 1. His goal return in League 1 was hardly amazing but he seemed to be coming on to a game, so hopefully he can take that up a level.

If they wanted him I would be happy for him to go to Somerset. I know lots of players have moved between the clubs but can’t remember any on loan.

4 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

Wales has been excellent for us and even before he started his three in three goal scoring run you could see there was a really good player there.

Very exciting to watch as he is direct, quick and an excellent dribbler, now he has got the goals as well, will only help his confidence.

I am obviously biased but think at 18 regular football in League 1 with us will only make him better. If he went to a Championship team might struggle to get as many starts.

Stevie May was on loan at us in League 2 and Ross Stewart in League 1 and both have gone onto good careers.

Can't speak for Wales, but I think Stevie May wasn't really seen as physically ready for higher than the Third Division at that point, rather than him needing to drop to that level for regular football talent wise. 

He obviously then exploded physically over his year with you, and the Summer, and found he was to good for the First Division too.

43 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If they wanted him I would be happy for him to go to Somerset. I know lots of players have moved between the clubs but can’t remember any on loan.

Innes Cameron a few years back

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Danny McKay, guy was absolutely class on loan.  Complete donkey when we signed him permenantly of course.  

6 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

As a Killie fan who spent the first year of his life in Alloa I agree.

• 2 weeks later...