The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

To be fair to WRK, even if Morton signed Lee McCulloch as a player, I'd be pretty annoyed. He was found wanting a huge number of times at Championship level.

As an assistant only though, I doubt I'd give even the slightest shit.

Mark Walters playing twice or is that just a misprint??

It's obviously a misprint. Mark Walters is a has-been ex-Rangers player. Therefore his name should obviously have been printed in the other column.

It's obviously a misprint. Mark Walters is a has-been ex-Rangers player. Therefore his name should obviously have been printed in the other column.

Made me chuckle, I'll give you that one.

I'll give him a chance as a coach. I think as a player he's past it, but if he's only really an emergency back up then I can take that.

AJ was a wonderful creative player, one of the best midfielders at Killie. Yet his football philosophy as a manger at Killie was honking. Maybe McCulloch has different, vibrant, creative ideas coaching wise we have no clue about.

Well done big Jig.... refusing to sign servco tops for the locals today, telling them they are in his past, signed plenty of Killie tops thou.

Nice statement of intent, that.

I still reckon we'd have been better keeping Brennan as player cover, mind, but if he's prepared to close that chapter then we should be happy to let him get on with the coaching and motivational job.

As for McCulloch, he was a top lad today. As others said, he refused to sign Rangers stuff and gave time to every Killie fan who asked for some.

As an aside, in the book 'The Road From Wigan Pier' - there's a significant section about the time McCulloch was there, and he comes across very, very well. The only player to always attend charity events and the main guy to help foreign players who were struggling to settle in. Not only that but he speaks very well about the tactical side of the game too.

Plenty of players have been arseholes on the pitch but great off it, and for all we know Lee is one of them. I'm certainly not going to judge him based on a tabloid perception. Until he gives me a reason to be against him he'll get my full support.

It wasn't actually. McCulloch wasn't stripped.

The trialist was Ruairi Croskery, a young striker just released from Man U. Looked promising in the second half.

Do we really need another striker though, would much prefer a Lb or Rb.

Even a centre mid

Do we really need another striker though, would much prefer a Lb or Rb.

Even a centre mid

Not sure it has to be one or the other? If Croserky signs, then I imagine it'll be mainly as a development squad player initially - an area we're struggling to fill at that level. Get him on a long term deal on fairly small wages and it could be a risk worth taking. He certainly looked to have something about him today.

We have two right-backs, so can't see us adding there. If Liam Craig signs then that's our central midfield full too. If the rumours about Samson are true (i.e. he wants out & we want him out) then that would be a significant bit of wages saved also, then we can look at one or two extra back-ups. We managed to play two different elevens today, so if not we're still fairly covered.

I'll say I have nothing against Jig!! Local lad got a bad injury and was in hospital and Jig was straight in to see him and got a signed shirt for the lad!!

Fair enough he has been a bit o a c**t on the park, but off the park he is charitable and seems to be a decent enough guy so I think we should all be making him welcome!!