The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

great result again guys. clarke just keeps getting that team to produce again and again. no doubt the back pages tomorrow will be all about defoe and davies ruined debutes rather than a fine result. i sincerely hope you can push the arse cheeks all the way.

do you think the board will be tempted to throw some money about and seriously go for it? your squad is severely lacking, even compared to Aberdeen, in depth and id hate to see the wheels come off because of a few injuries. id be in dream land if it was dundee.

of course itll be a dundee win on the 6th though!

We seemed to be willing to chuck a fair bit of money at Stewart, so I think it is there to spend if we want to. Byrne, Enobakhare and Stewart have all left and haven't been replaced yet, so their wages should still be there to bring in one or two additional players. I don't think our squad is as weak as is being made out though - there were some very capable players sitting on the bench or even in the stand tonight.

We seemed to be willing to chuck a fair bit of money at Stewart, so I think it is there to spend if we want to. Byrne, Enobakhare and Stewart have all left and haven't been replaced yet, so their wages should still be there to bring in one or two additional players. I don't think our squad is as weak as is being made out though - there were some very capable players sitting on the bench or even in the stand tonight.
clarke shouldnt be with you next season but the ignorance of the EPL towards scottish football might just see you hold on longer. could see him at newcastle next season if the takeover ever happens and rafa walks

This. Mentioned earlier but Craigan was banging on about how lucky we're all going to be when the OF are going toe-to-toe, who's winning/who's not, what the GD is going to be etc. 
Unbelievably cringeworthy. 
GIRUY Craigan!
i actually like craigan as a pundit, decent insight most the time but then he comes away with this sort of pish

5 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

clarke shouldnt be with you next season but the ignorance of the EPL towards scottish football might just see you hold on longer. could see him at newcastle next season if the takeover ever happens and rafa walks

F** k off just F** k off this is our night 

Our dear leader is (hopefully ) going nowhere 

[emoji23][emoji23]

your right i apologise enjoy it! youve done me a favour with that result anyway. my missus is an orc so i have had a riot tonight!

54 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

great result again guys. clarke just keeps getting that team to produce again and again. no doubt the back pages tomorrow will be all about defoe and davies ruined debutes rather than a fine result. i sincerely hope you can push the arse cheeks all the way.

do you think the board will be tempted to throw some money about and seriously go for it? your squad is severely lacking, even compared to Aberdeen, in depth and id hate to see the wheels come off because of a few injuries. id be in dream land if it was dundee.

of course itll be a dundee win on the 6th though!

SC did say the day before Stewart signed for the Dons, he didn't need to speak to the board as Bowie & co had been very generous and money wasn't the issue. 

SC also mentioned he knows how the market works down south. So i'd imagine he will probably go late in the window as clubs look to loan out or get rid of players in the last few days.

38 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

A similar question was posed to his son, John Clarke, tonight by one of Chelsea's fan groups.

His reply was SC was very happy at Killie, I know that sounds like a bog standard responce, but you do get the impression he loves what he's building at RP & wants to see the job throu till the end of 2020 when he has always said it will be time to head back down the road......

16 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

I heard tonight we are looking at signing Alex Bruce (Steve Bruce's son).  No idea how true it is. 

Seems to be all but confirmed now. We've been crying out for another centre half so I'm quite happy with that, but it's a bit concerning that we've signed another player coming to the end of his career. 

A similar question was posed to his son, John Clarke, tonight by one of Chelsea's fan groups.
His reply was SC was very happy at Killie, I know that sounds like a bog standard responce, but you do get the impression he loves what he's building at RP & wants to see the job throu till the end of 2020 when he has always said it will be time to head back down the road......

Just bask in his reflected glory while he’s here. Long to reign over us GSSSC.

Seems to be all but confirmed now. We've been crying out for another centre half so I'm quite happy with that, but it's a bit concerning that we've signed another player coming to the end of his career. 
Yeah he wouldn't be one for the future but will definitely help strengthen the team/squad.
Also please remember age is just a number, Burke was MOTM last night and isn't he about 41? [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

Apparently SC just waiting on him agreeing a severance package with Wigan before an official announcement...... 

"Kilmarnock are set to strengthen their title push with the signing of Alex Bruce.

"The experienced defender – son of Steve Bruce – has agreed an 18 month contract at Rugby Park.

17 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Yeah he wouldn't be one for the future but will definitely help strengthen the team/squad.
Also please remember age is just a number, Burke was MOTM last night and isn't he about 41? emoji6.png

Not just Chrissy Burke, our other 30 somethings Broaderz, Scott Boyd & Gary Dicker, to an extent, all seem incredibly fit, compared to when they were under LM not to mention in comparion to their age.

If SSC sees Bruce as an improvement to our squad then i'd have no qualms about his age..... thats good enough for me.

Edited by C4mmy31

First of all, congratulations on the result and performance last night. Great game to watch. 

What is the thoughts on Stuart Findlay? Only seen him a few times but always looked excellent.

How would you guys compare his ability to Scott McKenna? Worthy of an international call-up?

54 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

First of all, congratulations on the result and performance last night. Great game to watch. 

What is the thoughts on Stuart Findlay? Only seen him a few times but always looked excellent.

How would you guys compare his ability to Scott McKenna? Worthy of an international call-up?

If Findlay was a fish he'd be sea bass.

If McKenna was a fish, he'd be a fish that isn't as good as sea bass

4 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

If Findlay was a fish he'd be sea bass.

If McKenna was a fish, he'd be a fish that isn't as good as sea bass

I would say Findlay is a Dolphin as I feel he has evolved beyond the fish stage.

McKenna is a Salmon, looks impressive when leaping but wouldn't make the cut for seaworld.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Findlay has, like a lot of players under SC, evolved beyond all recognition, When we had him first time around on loan from Celtic, he was a bit of a bombscare getting caught under the ball. 2nd time, while at Newcastle, you could see him start to develop. He's bulked up a bit more, even from last season, so can bully forwards when he needs to.

He's much better on the left hand side of the two centre CB's, solid in the air, he does sometimes look a wee bit awkward with the ball at his feet but when he gets forward goes past players with ease. He's also a lot quicker than he looks.

If not in front of McKenna, he's certainly miles ahead of Jack Hendry. He must be pushing for a call up in the very near future.

Edited by C4mmy31