The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Findlay has, like a lot of players under SC, evolved beyond all recognition, When we had him first time around on loan from Celtic, he was a bit of a bombscare getting caught under the ball. 2nd time, while at Newcastle, you could see him start to develop. He's bulked up a bit more, even from last season, so can bully forwards when he needs to.

He's much better on the left hand side of the two centre CB's, solid in the air, he does sometimes look a wee bit awkward with the ball at his feet but when he gets forward goes past players with ease. He's also a lot quicker than he looks.

If not in front of McKenna, he's certainly miles ahead of Jack Hendry. He must be pushing for a call up in the very near future.

If Findlay was a piece of meat, he'd be fillet steak.

Jack Hendry is shite 

16 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Findlay will be our next £1m+ transfer. Fantastic. Growing in confidence with age plus he's deceptively tall so excellent in the air.

Also, Alex Bruce was at the game last night so must have liked what he seen.

Apparently we are being linked with Marc McNulty on loan from Reading as well, seems he's being frozen out down there, thou Sunderland are interested also......

Findlay has, like a lot of players under SC, evolved beyond all recognition, When we had him first time around on loan from Celtic, he was a bit of a bombscare getting caught under the ball. 2nd time, while at Newcastle, you could see him start to develop. He's bulked up a bit more, even from last season, so can bully forwards when he needs to.
He's much better on the left hand side of the two centre CB's, solid in the air, he does sometimes look a wee bit awkward with the ball at his feet but when he gets forward goes past players with ease. He's also a lot quicker than he looks.
If not in front of McKenna, he's certainly miles ahead of Jack Hendry. He must be pushing for a call up in the very near future.
His problem is that, like almost every other good defender in Scotland right now, he's left footed.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Apparently we are being linked with Marc McNulty on loan from Reading as well, seems he's being frozen out down there, thou Sunderland are interested also......

We've also been alerted to him as we have tried the last few years to convince him to comeback to Scotland. Think we've more than spunked our budget though, very decent player.

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Hibs after him as well apparently.

Edited by Zing.

Killie legends team to for The Ayrshire Cancer Support charity match on Saturday 18th May at Blair Park Hurlford.......

Players in action on the day include Ray Montgomerie, Craig Bryson, Alan Mahood, Garry Hay, Paul Di Giacamo, Craig Samson, Mark Roberts, Dylan Kerr + many more to be revealed in the coming days!  Teams managed by Jim Fleeting & Jim McSherry.

It will be a good to see Craig Bryson & Dylan Kerr back in the blue & white stripes again.....Apparently us normal fans can take part to for £100 (20 spaces available).

Edited by C4mmy31

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Killie legends team to for The Ayrshire Hospice charity match on Saturday 18th May at Blair Park Hurlford.......

Players in action on the day include Ray Montgomerie, Craig Bryson, Alan Mahood, Garry Hay, Paul Di Giacamo, Craig Samson, Mark Roberts, Dylan Kerr + many more to be revealed in the coming days!  Teams managed by Jim Fleeting & Jim McSherry.

It will be a good to see Craig Bryson & Dylan Kerr back in the blue & white stripes again.....Apparently us normal fans can take part to for £100 (20 spaces available).

Or nothing if you are QLP.

he transfer window closing next Thursday, the Killie manager was also asked about potential new signings including links to Wigan defender Alex Bruce.

"Alex is one of a number of targets that I’m looking at." Clarke said.

"I took a risk in the first half of the season as I ran with three central defenders. Everybody told me I was wrong to do that but thankfully we got away with it.

"The second half of the season certainly when Kirk Broadfoot got quite a bad concussion against Livingston then I need to protect myself at centre back. I’ve looked at three or four and Alex is one of the names on that list."

Who two or three new signings follow with Alex Bruce? 

Not wanting to go all crowd w**k, but is it likely the crowds will continue going up a bit with this challenge at the top end of the table looking fairly serious? Perhaps my thinking is blurred on this by Killies average when I was growing up and getting into football but you must have been averaging around 10k a game from 93 through until around 2000 or so? Is it ever likely to get back to those kind of figures? or should that be viewed as an anomoly, with the stadium move and whatnot generating extra interest? Already been a huge improvement on the latter years of the MJ era of course, just wondering how far it will continue?

4 hours ago, superkillieaway said:

The Neil Lennon approach to not being able to score enough goals - sign every striker available

hibs have got a huge squad

4 hours ago, Fide said:

Have you not signed enough players?  Jaysus.

4 hours ago, Coooombe said:

How many strikers do you guys need? 

We’ve got Kamberi. Shaw is a boy who so far isn’t up to the mark. MacLaren is leaving after the Asia Cup. So yeah...we’ve got one first team striker. 

As for our squad, it’s absolutely fucked with injuries and shite Neil Lennon signings. Geez a break! 

39 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Not wanting to go all crowd w**k, but is it likely the crowds will continue going up a bit with this challenge at the top end of the table looking fairly serious? Perhaps my thinking is blurred on this by Killies average when I was growing up and getting into football but you must have been averaging around 10k a game from 93 through until around 2000 or so? Is it ever likely to get back to those kind of figures? or should that be viewed as an anomoly, with the stadium move and whatnot generating extra interest? Already been a huge improvement on the latter years of the MJ era of course, just wondering how far it will continue?

http://www.fitbastats.com/kilmarnock/club_records_league_attendance.php

Stadium move? You mean the upgrade? Mind that 93-2000 were happier days. A return to top flight football, European nights, and less TV games are there are these days. I'd be happy with getting to an 8K average to start with.

You'll also notice from those figures that the **** bring more fans than celtic, who were posted missing after the **** died and sevco were toiling in the lower leagues.