The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Two years of hard work undone by the board in about four weeks. It's increasingly looking like they essentially got lucky by having Steve Clarke handed to them on a plate but in general have no idea how to run a football club.

7 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

We aren't that desperate yet!!

Nowhere near good enough at this level.

How much more desperate do we need to be?  2 days from the first game of the season and we have one recognised striker in the squad.

I'd say that's pretty fucking desperate.

If the club don't stop tweeting about phone covers and other trivial shite, I might break something.

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

How much more desperate do we need to be?  2 days from the first game of the season and we have one recognised striker in the squad.

I'd say that's pretty fucking desperate.

If the club don't stop tweeting about phone covers and other trivial shite, I might break something.

We are going to play 1 up front so we have Brophy and Cameron (who is ready to step up).

We still need quality but just about every one (half decent from the UK) has been signed. For example,Jonathan Obika (pre injury) and Morgan Ferrier would have been good additions but they were snapped up yesterday.

Given the market we are in (Free's and loans) we are struggling especially in the attacking areas.

Will Keane would be a great signing if we could convince him to come north. Otherwise we are looking at potential Bury/ Bolton cast offs. 

Josh Magennis or Connor Hall would both be welcome additions (as well as a couple more)  if Bolton go tits up.

Let home the manager can bring in these Italian loans...

Just now, dumpweed said:

We are going to play 1 up front so we have Brophy and Cameron (who is ready to step up).

We still need quality but just about every one (half decent from the UK) has been signed. For example,Jonathan Obika (pre injury) and Morgan Ferrier would have been good additions but they were snapped up yesterday.

Given the market we are in (Free's and loans) we are struggling especially in the attacking areas.

Will Keane would be a great signing if we could convince him to come north. Otherwise we are looking at potential Bury/ Bolton cast offs. 

Josh Magennis or Connor Hall would both be welcome additions (as well as a couple more)  if Bolton go tits up.

Let home the manager can bring in these Italian loans...

Much as I admire your optimism, I'm not sure Cameron is quite ready to be our lone striker, should Brophy pick up an injury.

And, although the market might not be ideal, I don't think that finding a striker who'd be willing to come to RP should be an impossible task.  We're a (moderately) attractive prospect after last season and, you would think, an ideal showroom/ springboard for younger strikers/ loanees.

We are woefully underprepared.

2 minutes ago, Al B said:

If you have Esteban Casagolda on trial, this thread is essential reading. Possibly the best thing that's ever unfolded on a football forum....

https://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/8042-esteban-casagolda/

The separate tangents involving John Utaka and Saddam Hussein are two of my favourite bits.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Honestly shocked you guys have only made two very mediocre signings. The lack of strikers is staggering. It really feels like the club are trolling you now. Maybe Rangers winning 3-0 on Sunday would be the impetuous the board needs to make signings!

Did you watch us trying break down Progres last night?

Killie will soak everything up and hit us on the break, we always fall for it.