• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sauzee

Inzaghi

Zidane

Messi

Rivaldo

Inzaghi is one of the top scorers in the competition.

Rivaldo is a decent shout.

1 Seedorf

2 Maldini

3 Messi

4 Raul

5 Iniesta

Bit of a tough one, I went for the ones with the most winners medals rather than how good a player they actually are or how much I liked them as a player seeing as it's champs league top 20. 1-3 was easy, 4 & 5 was a bit harder.

Zidane

Raul

Seedorf

Scholes

Xavi

Messi and C Ronaldo will go straight on that list when they finish playing but thats my 5

Ps I know Xavi is still playing but it looks like this will be his swansong season

Got loads of votes so far either on here and by PM. So far it's neck and neck between Scott Nisbett and Jose Goncalves.

Messi and C. Ronaldo are the two best players ever and have delivered their best in the CL more than any other competition.

Those two are a given and anyone disregarding them is simply wrong.

The other three?

Zidane and Xavi I think are nailed on.

The 5th? That's a tough one.

Ronaldinho? Raul? Maldini?

There really are a whole bunch of players that there are viable arguments for. I'm struggling to think of another that stood out though.

Saying Seedorf is the best CL player ever is akin to saying Cafu is the best World Cup player ever. I agree both have done great and unmatched things in their respective competitions but neither was really pivotal to their team's success, were they?

Archived