Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

It IS broke. We nearly drew with ROI and NI

So we're dealing in hypothetical situations now? Not to mention that one game was one in which the team was changed, and the players that DID play probably didn't give a shit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deila who not only doesn't start him, but actively bought another, better, more technical winger to play ahead of him.

Er, GMS plays on the left, Forrest on the right? How does that 'reflect' for you?

And Deilia has been pretty specific about 'nursing' Forrest back to full fitness and not overplaying him to see if he can get beyond his perennial injury problems.

And Strachan is no mug so spare us all the tosh about him picking a token Celtic player - that's just embarrassing pap.

Er, GMS plays on the left, Forrest on the right? How does that 'reflect' for you?

And Deilia has been pretty specific about 'nursing' Forrest back to full fitness and not overplaying him to see if he can get beyond his perennial injury problems.

And Strachan is no mug so spare us all the tosh about him picking a token Celtic player - that's just embarrassing pap.

GMS does normally play on the right to be fair.

Wotte who's no longer in the post.

Strachan who needs his token Celtic player.

Deila who not only doesn't start him, but actively bought another, better, more technical winger to play ahead of him.

Let's not even bring Levein into this, his tenure as Scotland manager was fraught with failure.

I don't understand whilst you seem to think he's technical, he's not, in actual fact he's probably not even a premiership level winger in that respect, he's just quick. The fact he's been selected is a joke, the fact you're championing him isn't reflecting well on you in terms of understanding football tbh.

Maloney, Anya, Russell, GMS, Ritchie (after 1 cap), Bannan, Phillips, Burke, Conway, all better options and by quite a distance.

Jesus Christ.

I don't get why it's now fashionable to slag off Forrest, but lots of dribbling morons seem to be jumping on the bandwagon for some reason. He's a player who won YPOTY in Scotland, has been MOTM in huge Celtic games against Rangers and Champions League matches where he's scored goals and was an important player before his injuries. Even in the last 2 weeks he came on in a National cup final and scored a goal and won a penalty (and hit a rank rotten penalty, granted). He's had an unlucky run of injuries which has clearly set him back, but to come out with some of that nonsense like saying his ability is that of a Championship player is laughable.

GMS is flavour of the month, he's a year older than Forrest and has done nothing his entire career other than have a couple of months of good form here and there before getting injured or disappearing for a few months.

I'm not even making a case for Forrest being in the squad as he hasn't played much and I don't know how fit he is, but lets at least judge players properly and fairly instead of letting anti Celtic feeling get in the way.

People wanting to play 4-4-2. :lol:

We will play 4-2-3-1, which is a. More solid and b. More attacking than 4-4-****ing2.

You could argue that what we play at times isn't far away from 4-4-2, with Naismith playing behind Fletcher as a withdrawn forward in a front 2.

I think what we call it is far less important than the fact that it hasn't been anything like as flat as it was under Levein. There's a real dynamism whether it's called 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, and that's the important thing.

You could argue that what we play at times isn't far away from 4-4-2, with Naismith playing behind Fletcher as a withdrawn forward in a front 2.

I think what we call it is far less important than the fact that it hasn't been anything like as flat as it was under Levein. There's a real dynamism whether it's called 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, and that's the important thing.

Correct. Scotland very often play a 4-4-1-1 with Maloney behind Naismith/S. Fletcher, and which is all but a 4-4-2 anyway. And besides, no formation is inherently more or less attacking than another. The players who are selected, however, are the ones who dictate that.

Pretty much every sensible post here has at least eight or nine of the same players. The first choice core isn't hard to select, really. Hence Hutton, Martin, Robertson, Brown, Anya, Morrison, Maloney and Naismith are in virtually everyone's team.

We shouldn't even contemplate playing 2 defensive mids, this is a game where we need to go for the kill.

Gordon

Hutton Martin Hanley Robertson

Brown

Russell Morrison Anya

Naismith Fletcher

Reckon we'll only play the one up top and I reckon it'll be a boring 2-0. We need a plan B, we can't just play the 4231 against every team.

Marshall

Hutton Martin Berra/Greer Robertson

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

Fletcher

I think that's a pretty much stick on to be the team. I can't see us changing the formation regardless the opposition as it's worked so well for us. I'd like to see Berra start instead of Greer as he's a natural left footer but the starting pairing on Wednesday suggests it will be Martin/Greer.

It's the three behind the striker that's the toughest to pick. Well I mean two as Anya will always start.

3-0 is my prediction - a convincing and professional performance without any embarrassment for either nation. I'd originally planned on boycotting this one but quite glad I've bowed to peer pressure and am now really looking forward to it. it must be what Celtic fans feel when heading to Parkhead to see their team play St Mirren.

I didn't quite realise we were 1/200 to win this. if we do, which is essentially our "game in hand", and Ireland and Poland draw, then we're right back in the hunt to win the group outright. Not that I think we will but it would still be a tremendous position to be in all the same.

Archived