Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked to get my photo with May, Croft and Mclean I think it was when I was in Lucerne. After the photo May said to me "well done, you've finally made it." I was stunned.

:(

Me and Stevie May have similar names

I have a bad feeling about this. 2-0 Gibraltar.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but I take more pleasure from seeing Engerland lose, than I do from seeing Scotland win. Two of my friends feel the same way.*

*For anyone other than The Scarf reading this, none of the above is true.

So Rhodes or Fletcher?

Rhodes is the best finisher we have, can score headers, left foot or right foot. There will be a few scrambles in the box and this boy seems to be like a magnet to the ball, I wouldn't be upset if he starts as he'll be good for a couple you'd imagine. I'd be telling him not to move from the penalty box. Might be why GS has called him up out of the blue?

Fletcher is our best overall striker, has improved under GS and does his best work outside of the box. Has built up a good relationship with Naismith, not scored enough but I think he deserves a chance today to rectify that.

Will he start the both of them?

I'm sure it'll have been mentioned already but:

- if Strachan believes that Fletcher is crucial for him then he needs to play. The boy gets a lot of grief for his lack of goals at this level (even on the Sunday Supplement show as a few English journalists looked down their nose at us) and this is a chance to bag a couple. Fletcher seems to be quite temperamental and so I can imagine he wouldn't be too happy at not getting the chance today.

- playing Rhodes with him is an option but I'll be amazed if Fletcher doesn't start up front. It will show real faith in him and a couple of goals will do his confidence the world of good.

I'd play both rhodes and fletcher simply because the bus will be well and truly parked by Gibraltar today, no space in behind, so we may need to mix it. The crossing was honking mid week but both rhodes and fletcher are excellent in the air and have a physical presence, this may be the route we might have to take if we don't get an early goal.

I imagine we'll start Fletcher on his own, but will maye swap it at half time regardless of the situation.

Archived