Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Rhodes or Fletcher?

Rhodes is the best finisher we have, can score headers, left foot or right foot. There will be a few scrambles in the box and this boy seems to be like a magnet to the ball, I wouldn't be upset if he starts as he'll be good for a couple you'd imagine. I'd be telling him not to move from the penalty box. Might be why GS has called him up out of the blue?

Fletcher is our best overall striker, has improved under GS and does his best work outside of the box. Has built up a good relationship with Naismith, not scored enough but I think he deserves a chance today to rectify that.

Will he start the both of them?

According to this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/jordan-rhodes-finally-worked-out-5388088

McGhee and Strachan reckon he's shown enough development that he warrants a call up not just for this squad, but for ones vs 'big' opposition too:

He [McGhee] said: “The first thing Gordon and I said to him was that if we were playing Germany or Poland this week, Jordan would still have been in the squad.

“We reassured him that he’s not here because we are playing Gibraltar or a team that's perceived to be lesser opposition.
“He’s here on merit and we’ve picked the squad with regard to the best we had available to us now, regardless of the opposition.

Hummed and Hawwed about going to this but have decided that I can't really justify £35 to see Gibraltar so I will be watching it in the house with a couple of beers and Sky Go.

Same here. If it was Saturday, I might have gone but at the price, plus travel, I just didn't fancy it.

Imagine Rhodes will be on the bench, no real need to change our set up at the moment.

Shattered, but looking forward to this. Surely won't be that mythical beast, a straightforward Scotland victory?

According to this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/jordan-rhodes-finally-worked-out-5388088

McGhee and Strachan reckon he's shown enough development that he warrants a call up not just for this squad, but for ones vs 'big' opposition too:

He [McGhee] said: “The first thing Gordon and I said to him was that if we were playing Germany or Poland this week, Jordan would still have been in the squad.

“We reassured him that he’s not here because we are playing Gibraltar or a team that's perceived to be lesser opposition.
“He’s here on merit and we’ve picked the squad with regard to the best we had available to us now, regardless of the opposition.

That's fair enough.

It's a good headache for GS to have, I'd give Fletcher 60 mins and then bring Rhodes on.

Hummed and Hawwed about going to this but have decided that I can't really justify £35 to see Gibraltar so I will be watching it in the house with a couple of beers and Sky Go.

Where are people getting £35 from (if not part of package)? I checked the SFA website a few days ago for tickets and the north, east and west stand were coming up as 45 quid.

Went to the Liechtenstein game where we needed a last gasp goal to win against a bunch of minnows so with that still in the back of my mind, i don't think this will be a cakewalk by any means. Before that game, the discussion was all about how many goals we would win by and we made a complete arse of it.

We've improved since then and hopefully we win by a few, yet Scotland tend to never do things the easy way.

My team would be,

Marshall

Hutton/Martin/Berra/Robertson

Brown/Morrison

Ritchie/Naismith/Anya

Rhodes

Where are people getting £35 from (if not part of package)? I checked the SFA website a few days ago for tickets and the north, east and west stand were coming up as 45 quid.

It's £35 behind the goals. £42 for North and South Upper, £45 for South Lower.

I don't mind paying those sorts of prices against Ireland, Poland and Germany. Feel a bit mugged at having to pay it for Gibraltar.

Hopefully there will be lots of tracking back and physicality in the air. The last thing we can afford in games like this is flair or passengers. For that reason I wouldn't play any strikers or wide midfielders.

I'm expecting to see us hit 5 or 6 against this mob of insurance brokers and posties. Strachan's team talk should consist of no more than "f***ing intae thum" before retiring to his hotel to await news from Scott Brown of how many we got.

In reality it will probably be 0-0 at HT after we have 82% of possession and 23 shots on goal, before 2 or 3 goals in the last half hour.

Archived