Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

It's £35 behind the goals. £42 for North and South Upper, £45 for South Lower.

I don't mind paying those sorts of prices against Ireland, Poland and Germany. Feel a bit mugged at having to pay it for Gibraltar.

I remember feeling mugged off about paying £35 for Lichtenstein a few years back.

These prices are a joke

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan has been hinting in the press that Rhodes will have a part to play today, so will probably see him start.

I think its pretty much nailed on he'll start up front with Fletcher. I think you'd be mad not to do that personally.

Get Colin Stein on for half an hour....

post-1545-14276361990638_thumb.jpg

Will anyone manage to grab a hat trick I wonder?

Should be shoeing this mob by at least 5 or 6 goals, imo.

Without being so foolish as to take anything, at all, for granted, I do think it would be irresponsible not to go into this game with part of the plan being to score as many goals as we can. I.e. if we do get ahead and are looking comfortable with 20 or 30 or even 50 minutes to go, not to just see the game out, show some mercy or whatever. Goal difference in this campaign could indeed turn out to be vital - and teams have already put plenty past these guys before that fact became clear. Everyone still has the chance to play them again, at the end of the day "how many they put past Gibraltar" could be what decides who qualifies and who doesn't.

So Rhodes or Fletcher?

Rhodes is the best finisher we have, can score headers, left foot or right foot. There will be a few scrambles in the box and this boy seems to be like a magnet to the ball, I wouldn't be upset if he starts as he'll be good for a couple you'd imagine. I'd be telling him not to move from the penalty box. Might be why GS has called him up out of the blue?

Fletcher is our best overall striker, has improved under GS and does his best work outside of the box. Has built up a good relationship with Naismith, not scored enough but I think he deserves a chance today to rectify that.

Will he start the both of them?

Without being so foolish as to take anything, at all, for granted, I do think it would be irresponsible not to go into this game with part of the plan being to score as many goals as we can. I.e. if we do get ahead and are looking comfortable with 20 or 30 or even 50 minutes to go, not to just see the game out, show some mercy or whatever. Goal difference in this campaign could indeed turn out to be vital - and teams have already put plenty past these guys before that fact became clear. Everyone still has the chance to play them again, at the end of the day "how many they put past Gibraltar" could be what decides who qualifies and who doesn't.

I think head to head results is the first decider between teams on equal points in the groups.

If their new manager isn't a total imbecile, then we'll be playing against a whole team sitting behind the ball. I think we're more than good enough to break that sort of system down two or three times in open play, but our best chances of racking up a score should be set pieces and diagonal balls into the box. On that note I think Fletcher and Rhodes should play together, as I think they're our best shot of making the most of headers and knock downs. I also think Bannan would be a good choice to play it direct into the box from midfield, although I'm not even sure if he's in the squad. I don't think we'd see the best of Maloney in a game like this, but he's been the star of our campaign so far so it wouldn't surprise me if he started.

Gordon

Hutton, Martin, Greer, Robertson

Bannan, Brown, Morrison, Anya

Rhodes, Fletcher

We should really be able to play whoever and however we like here, but I think the above would be our best chance of scoring the most goals against a team which shouldn't pose us much attacking threat.

If their new manager isn't a total imbecile, then we'll be playing against a whole team sitting behind the ball. I think we're more than good enough to break that sort of system down two or three times in open play, but our best chances of racking up a score should be set pieces and diagonal balls into the box. On that note I think Fletcher and Rhodes should play together, as I think they're our best shot of making the most of headers and knock downs. I also think Bannan would be a good choice to play it direct into the box from midfield, although I'm not even sure if he's in the squad. I don't think we'd see the best of Maloney in a game like this, but he's been the star of our campaign so far so it wouldn't surprise me if he started.

Gordon

Hutton, Martin, Greer, Robertson

Bannan, Brown, Morrison, Anya

Rhodes, Fletcher

We should really be able to play whoever and however we like here, but I think the above would be our best chance of scoring the most goals against a team which shouldn't pose us much attacking threat.

As much as I agree we may end up relying on knock downs in the box, I disagree with the use of two forwards to try and capitalize on that. Whenever a bigger side plays a diddy side, its generally the midfield runners who cause the most problems, so for me Naismith in a deeper role would be an absolute must.

As much as I agree we may end up relying on knock downs in the box, I disagree with the use of two forwards to try and capitalize on that. Whenever a bigger side plays a diddy side, its generally the midfield runners who cause the most problems, so for me Naismith in a deeper role would be an absolute must.

Yip, strikers are pretty easy to mark when teams sit deep as there's very littke space to move. It's the midfield runners that cause the problems, which is why just sticking more strikers on and thinking that makes us more attacking is very simplistic, and probably not true. Get the ball into Fletcher's feet and get Anya, Naismith and Maloney running off him.

Naismith first goalscorer and 4-0 please.

Can see it getting frustrating for periods of the game but there really shouldn't be any serious danger of not being able to win.

I'd prefer Rhodes to start but fully expecting Fletcher. Shouldn't matter either way really, these are the sort of opponents either striker should be looking to score goals against.

Yip, strikers are pretty easy to mark when teams sit deep as there's very littke space to move. It's the midfield runners that cause the problems, which is why just sticking more strikers on and thinking that makes us more attacking is very simplistic, and probably not true. Get the ball into Fletcher's feet and get Anya, Naismith and Maloney running off him.

I don't see any reason why we can't do both. There is no need for two holding midfielders today, so we could easily play a sort of 4-1-3-2 and have both two strikers and three midfield runners, with the fullbacks pushed right on to give width and crosses.

Archived