Sevco v CHAMPIONS Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AberdeenBud, on 05 Apr 2015 - 17:53, said:AberdeenBud, on 05 Apr 2015 - 17:53, said:

Watched that in the GlynHill with my bluenose uncle, a different atmosphere than I'm used to up the road! Have to agree with you for once, if you keep playing with that level of commitment and organisation you'll surely go up. Possibly the first time this season I've actually seen Rangers looking like a team rather than a gang.

Hard not to agree. I thought they could have maybe kept the pressure up for about 10-15 minutes of the second half rather than go deep right away but they kept their shape throughout, apart from one lapse of concentration when someone really should have been on the ball to stop Zeefuik getting the rebound.

If The Rangers somehow make it to the play-off finals, I will head to the deciding match and support whoever they are playing. I think that supporters of every Scottish club should do the same. It's only right to take a stand against cheating and bigotry.

Aye. :(

Watched that in the GlynHill with my bluenose uncle, a different atmosphere than I'm used to up the road! Have to agree with you for once, if you keep playing with that level of commitment and organisation you'll surely go up. Possibly the first time this season I've actually seen Rangers looking like a team rather than a gang.

Still completely baffling what McCoist was up to mind.

Good old Harry's Bar. That's where we drink prematch. I might know your Bluenose Uncle lol. Decent wee boozer which is a bit of a Rangers pub on match days without being in your face.

Good old Harry's Bar. That's where we drink prematch. I might know your Bluenose Uncle lol. Decent wee boozer which is a bit of a Rangers pub on match days without being in your face.

Yeah think I was the only non bear in there but good friendly atmosphere. My family have drank in there for years.

Had you on my coupon(ridiculous price) so I wasn't too bothered by the result. ;)

I have to agree with most of the comments on here, Rangers looked impressive today, even though Hearts were well below par, and they defended well. They seem to be improving under McCall, while Hibs seem to be stalling. The play offs will be interesting, as Falkirk and Queen of the South are no mugs either, and everyone has the capability to beat everyone.

We only need 10 men, we only need 10 men.........

Is there an SFA rule which states that players in a maroon jersey can't be booked?

What difference wee Stuart makes, under the last two 'managers' we'd have got fcuked today. Great too see the increased effort, fitness and basic awareness from our players, we are finally getting something from them and maybe just maybe we might have a chance in the play offs if we keep this up.

McCulloch is a bawbag and should never play for us again.

Anyway score would have been 5:1 had jig got away with being a thug, we completely bossed the game up till that point

Not really. Your second came after we'd been well on top for a good ten minutes.

At no point in the first half were Hearts "well on top".

It was 2-0 going on 5-0 until McCulloch got sent off.

Hearts did indeed have the better of the play for the ten mins proceeding the second goal. Rangers were well organised and played at a good tempo but it never looked liked a doing at any stage.

And you wonder why you're a widely recognised figure of mirth.

I have to agree with most of the comments on here, Rangers looked impressive today, even though Hearts were well below par, and they defended well. They seem to be improving under McCall, while Hibs seem to be stalling. The play offs will be interesting, as Falkirk and Queen of the South are no mugs either, and everyone has the capability to beat everyone.

You think our defence played well? To be honest, I thought our defending today was fucking horrific, only Ozturk looked like a defender out there and the rest were just terrible.

Anyone who thinks we are as good as up is an utter cretin. Many teams much better than us have been humped out of cups by lower league competition. Cowdenbeath were close to a draw last week.

On reflection McCall's decision to clap the Hearts on probably worked out quite well. He forced the players who had failed to challenge Hearts for the title to stand in front of the home fans they had failed and congratulate the superior team. The fans made their feelings clear and this likely helped gee up the players.

Over the coming month and a bit we have the most important games for Rangers football club since the Europa cup final. Today was fun, but now we need to work hard to get 2nd and avoid the 3rd 4th match then put in the performances to earn a place back in the top flight.

Hearts did indeed have the better of the play for the ten mins proceeding the second goal.

Aye, they were coming back into the match at that point but to say Hearts were "well on top" just isn't accurate.

They had created a few half chances but nothing special.

At the end of the first half it was 60%-40% possession. I think that tells it's own story. Had it not been for the sending off Rangers would have went on to dominate and potentially score more goals.

Archived