Morton v Brechin - Saturday 4th April 2015

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McManus was off form and when McManus is off form, we have no-one available to pick up the slack: that's the main disappointment of the January singings: Caldwell could perhaps become a second goalscorer, but he won't play, because MacDonald is a good link-up player but now offers very little goalscoring threat. It's McManus doing well or nothing, which probably explains our ridiculously hit and miss league record.

Hehe

We were slightly the better team in a first half when Brechin threatened to lose the plot in terms of discipline, In the second half as we threw players forward to no effect there was only going to be one winner. Barr's run into the box was skilful and yet was only really intended for the ridiculous challenge (he already skipped past dodgy efforts), which was of course duly provided by the horrendous ex-Montrose diddy in the Morton team, who has gifted at least six penalties this season to the opposition.

Twice in two home games a very good free-kick has been taken without even the challenge of having a defender on the near post. It probably wouldn't have stopped the actual shot going in in either incident, but having a defender on the line would have changed the taker's calculations in the first place. A carelessness in organisation which also explains why there's only three draws in our record compared to eleven defeats.

f**k knows what super ton was watching but that was most certainly not a 4-3-3, nor a 4-3.5-2.5 as the clueless one was havering on about last week. :lol:

His view was probably obscured by the boundary wall when he was walking down Sinclair Street in tears.

It wasn't 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. It was just a mess.

The way I saw it Forbes, O'Ware, and Miller were a central midfield 3, with McCluskey on the left wing. So a sort of 4-4-2 with no-one really on the right. I was guessing it just looked that way because Miller was so uncomfortable in the role he was meant to be playing. Sometimes McCluskey pushed up enough to make it look like a 4-3-3. The flatter 4-4-2 when the other McCluskey came on wasn't any better.

I thought I'd have cheered up after a night's rest, but no, I'm still absolutely seething we've chucked another league away. If there's any silver lining it's that Duffy should be out of a job in a matter of weeks.

This time last season we killed off Dundee's title hopes with a 1-0 win at Scapa. Except they went on to win the league.

Yes, I'm clutching at straws.

Dundee had a semi-competent manager though, lets not forget.

it's absolutely pathetic that you need to go down to 8th in a ten team league to find a team who has lost more league games than us.

Duffy is useless. Guy i know who is from Glasgow and doesn't support Morton was talking to him last night and he told me Duffy said to him that our fans absolutely hate him and the abuse he gets at games is crazy, so on the upside at least he knows he's useless.

it's absolutely pathetic that you need to go down to 8th in a ten team league to find a team who has lost more league games than us.

Duffy is useless. Guy i know who is from Glasgow and doesn't support Morton was talking to him last night and he told me Duffy said to him that our fans absolutely hate him and the abuse he gets at games is crazy, so on the upside at least he knows he's useless.

To be fair Morton fans hate everyone so the Duffster shouldn't feel despondent.

Mind you it was a bit naive of him to think it would be any other way.

I thought I'd have cheered up after a night's rest, but no, I'm still absolutely seething we've chucked another league away. If there's any silver lining it's that Duffy should be out of a job in a matter of weeks.

That's the key word there. He should never have been given the job in the first place and he should have been sacked months ago, but he was given the job and he wasn't sacked. His position is certainly untenable, but Rae has previously stood by managers for far longer than he should have, allowing them to do even more damage.

I've seen people saying that it's not so bad that we won't get promoted as under Duffy we'd only have come straight back down, and at least this means we can get a new manager in. That's not going to happen. We're getting the worst of both worlds: we're staying down and Duffy's keeping his job, because our Chairman is the only person on the planet with less of an understanding of football than Jim Duffy.

That's the key word there. He should never have been given the job in the first place and he should have been sacked months ago, but he was given the job and he wasn't sacked. His position is certainly untenable, but Rae has previously stood by managers for far longer than he should have, allowing them to do even more damage.

I've seen people saying that it's not so bad that we won't get promoted as under Duffy we'd only have come straight back down, and at least this means we can get a new manager in. That's not going to happen. We're getting the worst of both worlds: we're staying down and Duffy's keeping his job, because our Chairman is the only person on the planet with less of an understanding of football than Jim Duffy.

Mr Rae didn't appreciate the criticism of Duffster yesterday especially with us rubbing salt into the wounds. His cohorts in suits didn't know how to take it either. You could just see the seethe in them as they tried to remain restrained. :P

Pleasing !

Morton should still win the next 2 games, even accounting for their pishness, and Forfar and Stranraer have tough games in the next 2 weeks. Meaning the Stranraer v Morton game will probably be winner takes all between these two, then depends what Forfar do. I think we'll take something off them next week and they'll drop other points still. Certainly still all to play for.

they're against Stenhousemuir and Stirling Albion...

Counts for little with Morton.

Last time Stenny came to Scapa at the tail end of a promotion chasing season, let's just say it didn't go well......

Counts for little with Morton.

Last time Stenny came to Scapa at the tail end of a promotion chasing season, let's just say it didn't go well......

I'm not saying we WILL win them but it's a pretty sound logic for saying we SHOULD win them.

Archived