Morton v Brechin - Saturday 4th April 2015

Thanks for bottling it Morton, always rely on the Greenock men, not!!

Well if you weren't so sh*te on the first half of the season you wouldn't need to rely on other teams results.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you weren't so sh*te on the first half of the season you wouldn't need to rely on other teams results.

Point taken, that is three seasons or more that we have only started playing around Xmas, we need to start pre season about May :lol:

Sod blaming the ref for some wtf decisions...we didn't create or capitalise on any chances.

End of the day we lost. Before the penalty there was a shout to 'leave' their No7 alone when he got into the box. Even though he should have walked in the 1st half.

Season over? Could be.

Ever so slightly scunnered.

Most telling thing was the lack of booing etc at full time. Everyone just trudged off as though to say "Well, we've gone and blown it again".

Well played Brechin for owning us and doing whatever your game plan was so effectively.

Barring some miracles in the next couple of weeks I reckon I'll be watching the Stranraer game on TV, rather than making the journey as originally planned.

I've thought for a while that Morton will win it, but they really don't deserve to. Both Forfar and Stranraer have shown the value of organisation, hard work and team spirit, they are 'teams' in the truest sense. Morton have just chucked money at players that should be good for this division but aren't a cohesive team in the slightest, 4 games to go and I bet if you asked 10 Morton fans their best line-up you'd get 10 different answers.

They still have a chance to win it though, they should win the next two games, and then it's Stranraer which will be win or bust.

I've thought for a while that Morton will win it, but they really don't deserve to. Both Forfar and Stranraer have shown the value of organisation, hard work and team spirit, they are 'teams' in the truest sense. Morton have just chucked money at players that should be good for this division but aren't a cohesive team in the slightest, 4 games to go and I bet if you asked 10 Morton fans their best line-up you'd get 10 different answers.

They still have a chance to win it though, they should win the next two games, and then it's Stranraer which will be win or bust.

Players like Sean Crighton, Ricki Lamie, Lee Kilday, and Stef McCluskey are hardly superstars that we've thrown money at. One or two players apart, it's full time football on the cheap. I'd also argue that they work hard and the team spirit seems fine. There's too many players in there that just aren't up to this level though, and we have Jim Duffy as manager.

But the rest is right. Today was only the second time this season that we've played the same starting lineup twice in a row. It's pretty damning that we're a full-time team that looks disorganised among part-timers (don't know what that says for Dunfermline though). I couldn't tell you what type of football we try to play, or what position each player should be playing in. That's largely down to Duffy.

That's why the criticism of Duffy had been strong all season. It's hard to believe that we're still in with a chance of promotion tbh. So many disjointed performances, so many dismal defeats. The handful of players that can dig us out of a hole can't do it every week.

What a difference a week makes eh? Going from our best performance of the season to that pish we watched today.

Couple of good saves from the Brechin goalie in the first half but after that he didn't need to do much at all. I don't know what's happened to Peaso but ever since his op he hasn't been very good at all and looks unfit. McManus probably had one of his worst games for us, got bullied the whole game by the Brechin defence. Miller really is a waste of a jersey in midfield, if you're going to play him give him a shot at his natural position, otherwise he shouldn't be in the team. Don't want to see Crighton play for us again, he's just absolutely crap and I think that's 5 or 6 penalties he's given away this season, wonder how many points he's actually cost us?

Fair play to Brechin they were much more organised and had a game plan which worked.

Morton. Epitomised by an Airdrie reject plying his trade at left back.

Bottle merchants.

Lamie has been playing at centre half since the turn of the year. Mark Russell has played most matches this season at left back.

And you can't say we're epitomised by a mediocre player (and we do have worse), and then call us bottle merchants. I can understand a good team sometimes bottle it, but it's difficult to do if you're not good enough in the first place.

Taking the piss out of us is like scoring into an open goal, you've somehow managed to mess it up.

Archived