Morton v Brechin - Saturday 4th April 2015

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dire performance.

Only player I'd say was relatively decent was Gaston, since he made some good saves. Other than that, it was poor all round. The conceding of the penalty summed up the defence, the midfield didn't create enough and were inaccurate when they tried to, while our forwards were poor.

Sean Crighton isn't a footballer. He's a guy who stands at the back, occasionally booting the ball up the field or heading it. He has no footballing ability.

For a team that plays a lot of long ball stuff when we're out of ideas, we're incredibly soft. If we're going to play a more long ball, physical game, then we should at least be a physical team. Instead, we're incredibly soft in the middle, gave the ball away too easily, and seemed to lack any sort of desire to get back into the game even when we were one down. And the frustrating thing is that Brechin were hardly all that great. They often looked poor, but managed to deal with us and take their own chances.

I don't even know anymore. Just as it looks as though things might be going alright and we might be building some consistency, we get guffed 2-0 at home to Brechin. The title is gone, we can only hope Jim Duffy's learned from his playoff failings last season

Game changed completely when O'Ware had to drop back into midfield for lamie. He was the only thing keeping our midfield together. Forbes is good going forward, but Miller offers nothing to compensate for his defensive deficiencies whilst still being pish on the attack as well.

McDonald's been pish since his injury and I'd like him to prove me wrong, but I fear he's done.

Gaston again brilliant.

Brechin should've had a red card in the first half for that stamp, ref had a shocker all round tbh. Still though, 10 men or not we should be beating a part time team like brechin when we have genuine chance at winning the league. Had all the urgency of a pointless mid season game today.

I guess it's justice for the game against ayr though, we made all the same mistakes and were absolutely listless in the second half again, only this time brechin killed the game off like Ayr should've done.

Also, that 2nd goal was brilliant fair play, 2 home games in a row we've lost a goal to a decent free kick. I have to question the wall for that.

Graeme Smith made two excellent saves in the first half to keep it 0-0 but Brechin missed at least 3 sitters & still went on to win the game comfortably. Was it Crighton or Kilday who fouled Barr for the pen?

Russell, McManus & Peaso were all poor & Michael Miller remains the most ineffective midfielder in the league.

Would have to be worried for our play off chances given our recent performances at home & lack of consistency in general.

I don't even know anymore. Just as it looks as though things might be going alright and we might be building some consistency, we get guffed 2-0 at home to Brechin. The title is gone, we can only hope Jim Duffy's learned from his playoff failings last season

Duffy has plenty of previous playoff failings. He doesn't learn.

Duffy has plenty of previous playoff failings. He doesn't learn.

Ever .......

A 4-0 win on the road, followed by a 0-2 gubbing at home.

Who'd a thunk it

Pretty much everybody.

BeebBeebCeeb stream said Crighton gave away the penalty.

At least we aren't in relegation territory, but that is defeat no.11 in this league

Archived