Your team's bogeyman

Who is the player that in matches against other teams rarely makes impact, looks pedestrian, mundane and average, yet when he comes up against your team his strengths are a perfect match for your specific weaknesses, and for that one game, he's the king of the world?

For us the name that jumps to mind is big John Sutton, who until the most recent game was getting a goal a game against County, but not much else between our meetings.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Stevenson. Looks utter shite when you see him on tv. Does nothing. When playing for Hearts and Thistle against ICT he looks like fucking Messi.

Probably Lionel Ainsworth this season based on the Motherwell fans' comments. Scored a belter at Firhill and tore us apart at Fir Park for 40 minutes, which won them the game.

Historically Owen Coyle scored about 746 goals against us and was our ultimate bogeyman, but he was fairly prolific against most teams so probably not really the best answer for this thread.

I'm looking forward to fans of most teams saying Gary Harkins always plays great against them and crap against everyone else because of how average he is....

Far easier than admitting he is just a good Premiership player.

For us I'd echo GMS but he does it fairly regularly - compare this with Rado Cierzniak who most Arabs cant wait to punt yet never makes a mistake against us and indeed IMO won them the League Cup game this year.

I'm looking forward to fans of most teams saying Gary Harkins always plays great against them and crap against everyone else because of how average he is....

For us I'd echo GMS but he does it fairly regularly - compare this with Rado Cierzniak who most Arabs cant wait to punt yet never makes a mistake against us and indeed IMO won them the League Cup game this year.

Harkins is a brilliant footballer - absolutely no doubt about that. Lazy though. Kilmarnock never used him properly IMO, we tended to try to play him in midfield rather than in the hole where he had the vision to hurt teams. He can grow a cracking 'tache too.

I'd have Harkins at McD in a heartbeat tbh.

Who is the player that in matches against other teams rarely makes impact, looks pedestrian, mundane and average, yet when he comes up against your team his strengths are a perfect match for your specific weaknesses, and for that one game, he's the king of the world?

For us the name that jumps to mind is big John Sutton, who until the most recent game was getting a goal a game against County, but not much else between our meetings.

Any player who has taken the field against us this season could be classed as our bogeyman.

I'd argue the case for a couple of our players also.

Harkins flattered to deceive far too often at Killie. A talented footballer, no doubt, but what he actually provided in terms of goals and assists was negligible. Borja Perez set up 8 goals and scored 4 in 28 appearances whilst Harkins scored 5 and set up 7 in 52 games.

Harkins is great when things are going well, but if you need him to dig deep for the team - forget it.

He's a fat waste of space that's made a howling arse of his career with his terrible attitude.

Harkins is great when things are going well, but if you need him to dig deep for the team - forget it.

He's a fat waste of space that's made a howling arse of his career with his terrible attitude.

Aye in Scotland we need more physical players, runners. 8)

Not current but Gavin Swankie. Looked brilliant against us and many couldn't understand the Dundee fans warning us when we signed him. Then we found out for ourselves.

Sasa Papic only every scored against us. Even when we thrashed rangers 4-1 he got on the scoresheet for them iirc.

Archived