Your team's bogeyman

Harkins flattered to deceive far too often at Killie. A talented footballer, no doubt, but what he actually provided in terms of goals and assists was negligible. Borja Perez set up 8 goals and scored 4 in 28 appearances whilst Harkins scored 5 and set up 7 in 52 games.

I'm going to go all Twain on you here QLP - statistics don't really tell the story on Harkins at Killie. Him and Borja were definitely played in the same type of role but that is completely different to the role he now enjoys at Dee. At the time I felt we were wasting his talents and actually I think this is what your stats prove rather than him being a bad player.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember Peter Macdonald always seeming to score against us wherever he was, particularly when he was at St. Johnstone. That could be absolute bullshit but his is a name that springs to mind.

Not current but Gavin Swankie. Looked brilliant against us and many couldn't understand the Dundee fans warning us when we signed him. Then we found out for ourselves.

Sasa Papic only every scored against us. Even when we thrashed rangers 4-1 he got on the scoresheet for them iirc.

Hated Swankie. Scored an absolute screamer late on at Dens for Dundee, then came to us and contributed absolutely nothing.

Hated Swankie. Scored an absolute screamer late on at Dens for Dundee, then came to us and contributed absolutely nothing.

Scored a great goal in a 3-1 LC win at Easter Road, mind you Chris Millar scored in that game too. :lol:

Swankie's finest moment.

I seem to remember Peter Macdonald always seeming to score against us wherever he was, particularly when he was at St. Johnstone. That could be absolute bullshit but his is a name that springs to mind.

He is probably only second to Owen Coyle in goals against us in my lifetime (or maybe Kris Boyd), but MacDonald is an excellent lower league striker so it's hardly just Thistle that he scored a lot against.

Josh magennis seems to get goals against us, at killie and Aberdeen, maybe St mirren aswell? which is just not acceptable. Tope obedayi (sp) has also scored a few against us this season.

Josh magennis seems to get goals against us, at killie and Aberdeen, maybe St mirren aswell? which is just not acceptable. Tope obedayi (sp) has also scored a few against us this season.

Don't be ashamed of Josh scoring, that's okay. It's Tope you should hang your head about.

Scored a great goal in a 3-1 LC win at Easter Road, mind you Chris Millar scored in that game too. :lol:

Swankie's finest moment.

His finest moment was probably almost knocking me out. Finally showed some aggression and smashed the ball out for a throw in when going for a 50-50, went fizzing into the seats next to me. Dick.

Also Kris Doolan seems to be scoring against us quite a lot these days.

Who is the player that in matches against other teams rarely makes impact, looks pedestrian, mundane and average, yet when he comes up against your team his strengths are a perfect match for your specific weaknesses, and for that one game, he's the king of the world?

For us the name that jumps to mind is big John Sutton, who until the most recent game was getting a goal a game against County, but not much else between our meetings.

Sutton has scored 7 times for Motherwell against Ross County. The same number against Hearts. He's also got 6 against Celtic, probably not too many players out there at the moment with a record like that against Celtic.

Hammer Jag, on 02 Apr 2015 - 13:19, said:

Harkins is great when things are going well, but if you need him to dig deep for the team - forget it.

He's a fat waste of space that's made a howling arse of his career with his terrible attitude.

I disagree on that. Proof is in the -25 point season for us as he captained us to safety.

Harkins in a Dark Blue shirt is an absolute joy to watch and we're really suffering creatively due to the fact he's out just now.

As has been said, Rado Cierzniak tends to put in a world class performance against us. Not that he's needed to be in many of our recent encounters.

We seem to be Dougie Imrie's bogeyman. I think he's been sent off against us about as many times as he's scored against us.

I'm looking forward to fans of most teams saying Gary Harkins always plays great against them and crap against everyone else because of how average he is....

Far easier than admitting he is just a good Premiership player.

The last good game he had against Ross County was in the "Deefiant" season, ironically.

Archived