Scotland's top 20 clubs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the bus park behind the Jock Stein end was opened up to supporters buses we would park near to there and go in for a pre match scoop until it was burned down in suspicous circumstances about five years ago.

The first and lasting memory of that place was some junkie smoking what looked like crack or smack off a bit tinfoil in the bogs

Also the telly behind the bar showing SKY on what looked like some dodgy Barras market decoder box was in a cage with two bars and padlocks along the bottom to prevent it being swiped. One of the classier joints round there to be fair

Brave of yous to park a Celtic bus in haghill

The Shack on Pitt Street (God bless it's soul) was a fuckin top night out back.

That was the last nightclub I ever went to.

Arches is the best in Glasgow, Sub Club is good but a but pretentious. I used to love Tin Pan Alley in Glasgow. Prob before many peoples time on here.

That was the one across from the Tunnel?

Only really remember it as a pub, rather than club.

Pre Club "Pubs" like Danny kanes n Fouquets deserve special mention

I had a weekend job collecting glasses in Fouquets. A wild, wild place. Good laugh, though, and the punters seemed to enjoy it.

Then I moved to Paris and discovered there was a Fouquets on the Champs Elysees. Can't remember seeing a single fight there. A pale, piss-poor imitation of the Glaswegian original which it presumably set out to copy.

We used to go to Room At The Top in Bathgate, primarily because my mate had a 50-mile radius he wouldn't cheat on his bird in.

Guaranteed someone from our bus would get left behind and need a taxi back to Dundee every time.

Mental place.

Subby for me. Love the place.

Arches has its moments still. Sven Vath just before Christmas was excellent.

Had some great nights in the Tunnel and Berkley Suite too.

The Metro however was first club I ever went to and had some class nights there over the years. M8 nights in particular. Remember a bank holiday Sunday with Tom Wilson (RIP)rocking the place.

The Shack was good, circa 2000. Preferred Trash, downstairs. Was in there one night and the Rangers first team was having a night out. Watched one player leave with a girl on each arm, then read about how happily married he was the following Sunday, as he'd done some photo shoot with his wife who looked nothing like the girls he left with.

Bonkers office party on a Friday was something else. Still can't decide if I liked it or hated it. I was 17/18 at the time I was going there so didn't have much to compare it to.

The Garage needs to get a mention, if only because my strike rate in there was freakishly high. I have never gone in there when single and not gone home with someone. Not sure I would get away with it these days mind you, as I'm probably twice the age of most of the customers now.

Archived