Scotland's top 20 clubs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my day, it was the Tunnel in Glasgow and the Metro in Saltcoats, this was round about 1990.

Oh to be young and daft.

I went to the first raves in Scotland, I saw the Shamen and Orbital in a warehouse in Livingston, the Prodigy at Kirkcaldy Ice rink and at Bentley's.

Saw TTF on my 21st Birthday at the M8 awards in the Metro. Happier days ????

Forgot - saw Felix at Jackie O's. I'm sure there's pictures of me with long hair and glow sticks kicking about.

In my day, it was the Tunnel in Glasgow and the Metro in Saltcoats, this was round about 1990.

Oh to be young and daft.

I went to the first raves in Scotland, I saw the Shamen and Orbital in a warehouse in Livingston, the Prodigy at Kirkcaldy Ice rink and at Bentley's.

Saw TTF on my 21st Birthday at the M8 awards in the Metro. Happier days ????

Forgot - saw Felix at Jackie O's. I'm sure there's pictures of me with long hair and glow sticks kicking about.

Sublime at Wilkie House. Pure & Tribal Funktion at the Venue. All the trance/techno greats at wee places and the antithesis of this superstar dj pish. Magic.

Sublime at Wilkie House. Pure & Tribal Funktion at the Venue. All the trance/techno greats at wee places and the antithesis of this superstar dj pish. Magic.

Those were quality venues. La Belle Angele has been reopened.

Tunnell was up defo there in the day(Pre Club "Pubs" like Danny kanes n Fouquets deserve special mention) but trendy joints like Archaos opened up where every one just walked from side to side or stood about as oppose to dancin on spot oot nut bein taken away with some total euphoric tune...This is why the latest clubs in glasgow & prob for past 5/10 yrs with the exception o Sub.Berkeley suites n Arches(In that order) are all shite and have followed the same mode n style to Old Archaos or maybe its just soceity ...??!...

Ps. Anyone ever go to room at top or Universe in Coatbridg back in day...??!..

Tunnell was up defo there in the day(Pre Club "Pubs" like Danny kanes n Fouquets deserve special mention) but trendy joints like Archaos opened up where every one just walked from side to side or stood about as oppose to dancin on spot oot nut bein taken away with some total euphoric tune...This is why the latest clubs in glasgow & prob for past 5/10 yrs with the exception o Sub.Berkeley suites n Arches(In that order) are all shite and have followed the same mode n style to Old Archaos or maybe its just soceity ...??!...

Ps. Anyone ever go to room at top or Universe in Coatbridg back in day...??!..

English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

untitled.png

Joanna Dee's - Haghill

Before the bus park behind the Jock Stein end was opened up to supporters buses we would park near to there and go in for a pre match scoop until it was burned down in suspicous circumstances about five years ago.

The first and lasting memory of that place was some junkie smoking what looked like crack or smack off a bit tinfoil in the bogs

Also the telly behind the bar showing SKY on what looked like some dodgy Barras market decoder box was in a cage with two bars and padlocks along the bottom to prevent it being swiped. One of the classier joints round there to be fair

The Shack on Pitt Street (God bless it's soul) was a fuckin top night out back in the day and Trash underneath it was always a decent night.

The Tunnel back in 2004-12 was always decent for me, a mixture of pubs being allowed to stay open after midnight and the fact not as many folk are going out as much these days killed that place and has now re-opened at the old Play or Re-Play which is basically a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.

My better half talks highly of the old Rosie's days here in Falkirk. City is alright but too big for the town, the manikee I've been on once and was absolutely blitzed from being at Annan all day, seamed a good night lol.

ffs try 1990 to 94 when it was decent

Archived